Employed!.....Wait no, Unemployed...

After a couple of stress filled weeks assimilating into the Redding "culture" and University life, I knew that I needed to get a job. Yet the act of going out and getting one sounded so... permanent. I had a couple of leads as a waitress, but I remembered how exhusted I used to get, and that was when I was young and virile.

Oops. I just looked up the definition of virile and it refers exclusively to men, so please scratch that word. You know what I mean-- what I was younger, the hours on my feet wouldn't put me down for the count like it does now.

In any event, there is one store in the mall (the very weak, poor excuse for the mall that's here in town), and the one store that I loved to visit is the Bare Escentuals Spa. Anyway, Jen and I asked last week and they were accepting resumes. I brought mine back and got an interview on Saturday and voila! I was hired on the spot (I just looked up voila, and yes, that is the word I intended to use). So they are going to teach me how to apply makeup and give me their skin care lines info and I get to sell it....

That is... until I worked 2 shifts totaling 2 and 1/2 hours and I hated it. Selling and retail is so not me. I won't go into the rest of the reasons, but since they were short handed, they had me scheduled for 40 hours my first week! Funny thing is, I love school too much to compromise my education at the point, so in the quickest employment of my life-- I quit today.

On Monday it snowed here!!! I was an amazing sight to watch from the backyard and it stuck for a good hour. The snowing is almost worth the cold... almost.





Next blog: Simpson campus, life, and photos!

Comments

JenSasser said…
Darling Roomie - you said virile :) I'm so glad you're here, even when I'm sick & cranky :)
Anonymous said…
Don't lose too much more weight...the dress needs to FIT you in 2 weeks! Can't have dresses falling off when you're walking down the aisle!!
Love & Miss you,
Mom
Anonymous said…
You are such a talented writer, getting your story across so creatively, I love it! SNOW? TAWNY MOVED WHERE IT SNOWS!? HAHAAH you don't know how much that cracks me up! Good to hear from you and I am proud of you for making school a priority and knowing so quickly that retail, especially 40hours a week retail is not for you. You were in that job so short of a time you don't even have to put it on your resume! HAHA - Until the saga continues.....Shawna
Lesley Miller said…
I love Bare Essentuals! Too bad it didn't work out- but I agree with you that 40 hours is too much with school. Looking forward to the wedding! I'm excited!
Aly sun said…
I quit a job after just 2 hours once. It was in the fregrance area at M&F. It gave me a smashing head ache. Good for you for actually quitting. I just didn't show up and they had to call me. Oh, the sage wisdom we've gained in the last 10 years.
There will be something else.

Popular Posts