Freezing and Fabulous!
Did I tell you that I got a new camera for Christmas? Pictured here are Mal and I Christmas morning. It's one of the last times I have used it, for since getting to Redding it has been stormy and FREEZING! Anyone who knows me well knows I hate the cold and so this is cramping my style. My glimmer of hope is the assurance that the cruel, hot summer will come soon and will stay for quite awhile.
My first week of school went great actually, with the exception of them forgetting to issue me a parking pass and having to nag about it for four days. Only when I finally got it and walked back to my car did I notice that I had a ticket waiting for me. I think I cussed. Wait, yes, I am sure I cussed. But I found out the next day when I went to argue it that they had seen my name and voided out the ticket immediately. Security already knows my name. Grrrrrrrrreat.
There are birds here in Redding that make a sound as they pass by my window. They sound very much in pain. My brother asked me on the phone recently what the sound was and I told him that you open your mouth wide, close the back of your throat and blow. That is what is sounds like. I asked Cathy what they are and she said "Geese." I guess I have never heard live geese before. Admit it-- you tried to make the sound with your mouth, didn't you???
My classes are amazing and wonderful. It's crazy how much easier school is in upper division because now you are finally in the field you picked and hopefully like. One is my classes is straight out of The Apprentice and we have to be free marketing/PR for a business here in town and see the project through to the end of the semsester while documenting everything we do. It's quite cool. The hardest part about it all is not being older than everyone (and I mean everyone), but having more experience. You want to shake the members of the group that are being so naive about life and business. I guess they have to learn sometime as well. I now think that I have done it right while everyone else has done it wrong-- people should be required to work a minimum of 5 years before going to college. It just makes sense.
I have to go-- I am supposed to be getting ready to attend a basketball game at Simpson. I was asked by one of the players on the team to "come and watch us sometime". Oh yeah, it's not bad here at all.


Comments
Love,
Tawny"
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.