Take a second...
I will try to write on here as much as possible, but there is always something that the teachers want turned in, so the computer and I have a mostly working relationship. There are never any no homework nights, just to be continued projects. My PR class (the apprentice style one) is preparing to launch "Redding Idol" here to promote the downtown area. Its been a blast to work on because my love for music as well as PR. Only I don't sing here. I have zero voice (my throat has been scratchy since arriving here) and people around campus sing amazing enough to shut me up for good. Therefore it will be fun to sit and judge others singing.
Cathy is the lady that I live with and she is completely wonderful. She is so selfless and I like to try and make her laugh. Her once quiet house is now bustling with girl activity (which is probably a huge change from her having 3 boys!) and sometimes I wonder if she does not shake her head with whats she's gotten into. Smells of nail polish and hairspray now permeate the air. Yet we are all learning so much from one another. Watching Cathy, I know that I want to be as giving with my things as she is with hers. One does not have to be rich to be generous, and Jen and I have seen the overflow of that into our own lives.
Every other second is getting ready for Mick and Laura's wedding in less than 2 weeks. I can't wait to see most of you to catch up then. I would tell you more stories, but they're all about making friends with the basketball team and baseball team and well... my dad reads this so I better keep those things to myself ;) Actually I had to call Dad recently after attending the Simpson basketball game to get clarification on a few calls the referees made. It's a whole different world watching a game without Dad to translate for me. I have class friends too and so many group projects that its been a relief to not have to work yet. Not that making friends here makes a difference. This town is shut down by 9 p.m. It makes for a tame existence.
So, I have a new operation that's a little closer to Operation 30. It's Operation: Make Cathy get a dog. She wants one, but doesn't want it be home alone during the day. In cohorts (or cahoots, if you want to technically use the right word...) with her son in town, we are all working her from different angles to try to persuade her. My next task includes howling throughout the entire early hours of the night until it convinces her that it would be a lot less awkward for all of us if a dog were doing the howling instead of me. Either that or I will start gnawing on the furniture... I haven't decided yet.
Next blog: Where am I supposed to live now???

Comments
I eagerly await new posts
But what strikes me as tragic
Is your poetry deserving of boasts!
How is that just one little girl
Could have so many talents and gifts
It makes my brain twirl
To dwell on the innumerable ifs
Of your endless repertoire
Now the clock is starting a new whirl
And so I bid this missive "Bon Soir!"
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.