Hairy Scary
My friend Amanda demanded the back story on this blog: "You're usually smarter when it comes to important things like hair." Here's what actually happened: About a week ago, my good friend and roommate, Jennifer, let me know that she had bought thinning shears. "Oh, that's nice." I said. She showed me where she thinned her out as if everybody does it everyday. As for me, I have never ever thought of using thinning shears on my own hair, as I have been pretty happy with the thickness." Yet, Jen went on, "you know, you could borrow my shears and use them on your bangs. Kinda thin them out so that they would not grow out in a straight line, but piecier," Jen said and she got the shears out of the drawer and handed them to me. "Piecier" should have clued me into the stupidity of the idea. Walking into the bathroom, she added-- "It's foolproof, as long as you don't close them all the way." My clusmy hands shook as I parted my bangs to thin them vertically. At the first "cut" I was quite sure that the shears closed the whole way, so the rest of the bang process was just fixing what I had started. The amount of hair in the sink was incredible and I felt quit ill when I was done.
Hey, what can I say? I was under shear pressure.
See? I was not exaggerating. Hair + Sharp objects = PROFESSIONALS ONLY!
The Attempted Great Cover Up of 2008.



Comments
I once had a friend cut bangs for me. I went around for the next 6months with people calling me Sherri (my mom). Our friendship was stressed, with her constantly trying to reasure me that the bangs she gave me were quite cute. I was quite sure they were not cute. But we remain friends. Your bangs look cute.
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.