Redding Idol!

This is been my baby and the thing that took all my extra time this semester. Thank you for being patient with me!

The 5 other people from my class that were chained to this project like I was:
Jasmine, Allison, LaToya, Julie, and Tristan

Here we are conferring as judges to see who should make it into the finals.

The night of the event I had to coordinate with Allison who was doing sound. Tristan and I were hosting the event and I put all of our information on light blue cardstock, a way to acknowledge my mentor, David Letterman.

Here are Tristan and as event hosts. I have a necklace on that says "Bling Bling" on it and I came out in gold sunglasses with the song "Soulja Boy" blaring in the background. I told the audience that I wanted to make an entrace like they do in the 'hood. I was trying to start us off on the right foot...

And it worked! We had an INCREDIBLE night of singing talent. Her are the Top 3, who will get to sing this summer at MarketFest, which is like Modesto's Concert in the Park. Pictured here are Mike, Carol, and Alycia, who should all be on American Idol. The girl in the middle made me cry while singing "Let it Be." Anyway, I don't have their individuals performances on video, but what I do have, I give to you.
Here is the corporate song that they sang to kick off the night (directed by myself, who had to channel Cousin Kevin in order to pull this off...)
Seasons Of Love

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Lesley Miller said…
Wow!! I'm so impressed Tawny! It looks like an incredible project that got everyone so involved. Congratulations it's done!
Anonymous said…
So sorry I wasn't there, Tawners. I would have enjoyed it. I am so proud of you. See you soon!
Love,
Mom
Aly sun said…
Mission accomplished. I watched the video -- great job and you looked fantastic.

Popular Posts