Recovery...




I am now without wisdom-- teeth that is!! I only slightly resemble a chipmunk at the moment. Yesterday and today could not have gone better, starting with a good surgery and doctors, to Cathy taking the day off to take care of me (and making me stick strictly to the doctor's instructions). I have eaten so much ice cream that I swear my cheeks are not swollen as much as I have gained 20 pounds over 36 hours. There are 2 packs of peas that I keep switching out from the freezer to keep the swelling down, and Vicodin is goooooooooood. Cathy and I are on the last 4 episodes of Season 6 of 24. You know its a good thing when the surgery hurts less than having the actual tooth in place. So, all is well here.

And Jack Bauer is my hero.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Shawna said…
Oh My, how that picture brought back memories of getting this done. I am so happy you had Cathy to make you stick to the instructions. YOU DO NOT under any circumstance want dry socket or infection, no amount of pain medicine works and it is the worst pain (one of the worst I guess!) I am glad you are on the mend and taking care of youself! Love the PHOTO! Almost reminds me of Cindy Lou Who or Alfalfa, I can't decide!
Anonymous said…
I wish I could eat ice cream all day every day.
Anonymous said…
So glad you had it done and that Cathy took such good care of you! She is a wonderful gal! I can't believe you watched 24 - Matt and I did the same thing when he had his wisdom teeth pulled - got us hooked for good on 24!! Just sad that there are no more episodes left to watch.
Love,
Aunt Marlene
Anonymous said…
Since I couldn't be there, I'm so glad Cathy was.....so you were well taken care of! Sure hope you can come home soon to see us...we miss you!! But we don't have ice cream here....too dangerous to have around.
Love you,
Mom
Lesley Miller said…
Jack Bauer is my hero too!!!

And don't worry, you don't look too much like a chipmunk. :) Only a little. tee hee. Feel better soon!
Aly sun said…
You don't look like a chipmonk, but maybe a little less wise... I still have both wisdom teeth and need all the wisdom I can get.

Popular Posts