How do you mend a broken heart?

My *surprise* father's day trip home was a whirlwind, but needed. In this case, my 36 hour visit had to be ultra condensed, so I was thrilled when 2 friends with babies that had heard of one another through my tales wanted to meet and introduce themselves. Yay for having close friends in the same room! Amanda and Shawna got to finally compare notes. Amanda's babies were born on Sept 19th, and Madison was born to Shawna on October 20th, so the 31 days apart made this baby team fun to watch! Mostly I got to take a back seat to the conversation of pureed foods, girlie bows, and baby poop, so I spent time as photographer instead. Cute babies like these are easy to capture, but I wanted to catalogue being in attendance, hence this improptu photo. You can't see my eyes because I cracked up when both Shawna and Amanda razzed me for once again taking a photo of myself. If I don't then who will? Even the babies are looking at me like I have lost it...
Fast forward to later that night where Mal had just come from a wedding and I texted everyone I knew in town that I would be at this particular restaurant and they should come by. My roomie in Redding, Jen, made it and we had a grand time. Actually I was exhausted so I think it was fun, but I needed sleep. Thanks friends!
****
Settling back into Redding, and my broken heart moves right to the forefront of my mind again. Help.



Comments
Love & Miss you,
Mom
Think about the eating like this...I was sick everyday of my pregnancy and the thought of eating was awful because I knew I was going to lose some or all of it....BUT...I had to force something down everyday because I was responsible for another person's health...Now I know that being pregnant is a far cry from a broken heart, BUT my point to this long winded story is that YOU ARE IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF...
Now go eat some Gluten Free Organic something or other!!!!!
We loved seeing you and can't wait till the next time!
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.