Summer Vacay '08

**Tawny For President!**
Kissing Babies and Petting Dogs near you.

I had a great week visiting family and friends. Thank you to all who let me breeze through their life and eat their food. I am skinny no more!
***
An annoyance in the shape of a rock hit my windshield on the way to Modesto, right in Sacramento where the new construction on the freeway has been taking place. It was terrifying. I thought I had gotten shot. What can I say? It's my melodramatic nature.


After spending the day dying Mallory's hair (without gloves-- still trying to scrub brown out of my hands), we went out to meet up with friends. When we were exiting the car, Mallory said, "I need to get my club on!" and I was like, "Woot! Are we going dancing?" And she said, picking up the metal security bar, "No, I have to get my Club on." I should have realized... I was back in Modesto (grand theft auto capitol of the world...)


4th of July picnic (5 days early). At least there were cute doggies to snuggle up with! Pictured here with Mal's friend's dog, Bailey.


Paiger and Levi were dazzled by the grass during a photo shoot that will appear in the Modesto Bee sometime soon. I got to stay a few nights with Amanda, and they are sure good babies! Except, of course, when their screams for food woke me up... but then they smiled when I walked into the room and all was forgotten. Thanks Amanda & family!

After the scare with Zekers, I got the some quality time with him. I wanted as many kisses and loves and I could fit in. I'm pretty positive that I enjoyed it more than he did. Story of my life.

Shawna and her daugher, Maddie, welcomed me with open arms. Maddie is getting so big and changing so much every time I see her. It took awhile for her to let me hold her, but she was also a great baby that is starting to watch and imitate everything around. Good luck, Shawna! :)

..and straight from there to cousin Melissa LaBarbera's house to see her little one, Morgan. She was a happy baby until I tried to hold her. Then the only consoling that mom could do was holding her upside down and rock her horizontally. It was too funny.

4th of July was on the San Jose, where cousin Kevin and his four kids let me stay with them and tag along for the weekend. They shocked me this time because they had grown so much. I tried not to look shocked, but I am afraid that I was the geeky cousin who couldn't get over it. 14-year old Will had a mustache! For fireworks, we picniced at to the Shoreline Ampitheater and saw the S.F symphony who played while the fireworks went off above us. It was quite breataking! It was a lot of work to make the night happen, but it was really worth it.

**Vote for me in November!**

Comments

Shawna said…
What a whirlwind adventure! I am so glad I was a part of your campaign tour!
JenSasser said…
You didn't put me in your blog. I guess I'll have to vote for Obama.
Aly sun said…
And you haven't kissed MY baby! I am not sure I can vote for you unless you do.

And, by the way, you still look skinny. How I wish I could pilfer through your closet. Come, live close to me.

Popular Posts