"Everything is Copy"
Take, for instance, the charger that came with my cell phone. When I received the charger it was already damaged, but then an inconvenient meeting with the vacuum cleaner put this charger on it's last leg (note the black and red cords peeking out of the rectangular base...). I started to have to use a hair band on the phone to get the charge light to come on. Recently, I started having to use two hair bands, spending at least 4 minutes every time I wanted to charge my cell in order to place them in the most strategic location. It was like adjusting rabbit ears... if I held my left leg up towards to the east, had my right shoulder pointing towards the international date line, and did a Warrior II pose, I could get it to work. Though, once I set the contraption down, the light would go off and I had to start all over again.
Last week, I decided that I was spending way too much time worrying about this, so after Amanda pointed me towards the many wonders of eBay, I got a wall AND a car charger for $6 with free shipping. What a fantastic deal! Only the wall charger doesn't work-- my phone turns into the Electrical Light Parade and the lights go on and off constantly. Seeing this, I laughed because it's a metaphor for my life-- once I make accommodations for being damaged, then normal no longer applies.
Everything is Copy!

Comments
"Daisies are the friendliest flowers, don't you think?"
I love You've Got Mail.
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.