Finishing Touches

After the 'rents left on Sunday and I made it to the couch to rest after church, Cathy's son Marty came by to let me know that the lawn needed to be mowed. My first thought was to tell him that he better get out there and do it, but then I relented a bit and said I wanted to learn one day. Yet, I was not feeling very well (read: cramps), so he said that he could show me and then I could mow it another day. Well, showing me what levers did what led to Marty having more "ummmms" than answers, and he finally said, "Why don't you just do it now so that if you get stuck I am around." I went to grab my tennis shoes (and the midol) and I got to work. That poor lawn. It looks like a 4-year old child who found scissors and decided to cut their own hair.


Notice the gouges in the lawn. For the first couple of turns, I could not figure out the pivot, so the wheels were digging into the lawn. I must say, I thought it would be easier than it was. My admiration for all of those who have mowed so that I have never had to before went through the roof.

****

On another note, my Public Relations class came to a close last Thurday when the last of our 3 finalists for Redding Idol performed on stage at MarketFest.

Here is Mike singing, "Love Don't Live Here." (If the video does not work for you, click here.)



And a photo of me taking the above video. It was a hard earned "A" for that class!!


Comments

Julie said…
i must say, i was quite intrigued by your most recent blog when i started...and then it had to happen, mike's video...always haunting me :-D hahahaha...just kidding. he did good...i guess. ;-)
Shawna said…
Just look at all these life skills you are learning in addition to all the book learning, lawn mowing! I am cracking up imagining you doing this. I wish there had been photos of that!
♥ Becky ♥ said…
I think the lawn looks good!! :-)
Just have to say that I really love your blog background!!!!! Wish I could do that to mine.
Have a great weekend.

Popular Posts