For my birthday I got.... LOVE :)

Mallory came to visit for my birthday. She turned my day right around, along with calls, texts, and e-mails from a lot of YOU. Thank you, all of you, for making 28 easy.

Never one to miss much, Mallory came with gluten free chocolate cupcakes (that I keep calling chocolate brownie muffins because that is what they look like), and I have to tell you that they are 100x better than normal brownies. They are moist and rich and not at all like my bread experience. Anyway, Mal and I had a good time visiting with Jen and Cathy for dinner then headed down to Chico...

...where we met up with Di, who also drove an amazing distance to be close this weekend. We danced at the country bar, and yes, that included line dancing.
Since we stayed up so late on friday night, on Saturday I was regretting that decision BIG TIME because of the age it made me feel the next day (all of my 28 years and then some!). That was a lesson learned, but there were a lot of lessons that I came out of this weekend with. We shopped with Di for awhile (after getting much-needed starbucks), and then did what we came to Chico for-- we went to Chili's for lunch!!

Cathy had previously asked what I wanted for dinner Saturday night and I said "Tacos!" She made a spread, all right, and I am still picking at the leftovers. Mal, Jen, Cathy, Marty, and Marty's girlfriend Abby were all there to dine. The next day, I asked Cathy to pose for a photo so you know who she is now. We laugh because everyone is so tall around her that we look like her bodyguards!!

Mallory-- I hope you had as much fun as I did! Thank you for celebrating with me! As for me, the diet starts tomorrow. Well, after the chocolate brownie muffins are gone ;)


Comments

Anonymous said…
SURPRISE!!! oh wait... that was MY birthday =) I had an absolute blast up in Redding~ I can't wait til my next three day weekend at work so I can come back. I'm glad I could make your birthday special! Can't wait to move to NorCal, you don't mind sharing a room with me again right? ;-) just kidding!!!! ~Mal

oh and STOP CALLING THEM BROWNIES!!! It's driving me crazy!
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a fun time was had by all! Am I going to lose both daughters to the Redding area? Good thing it's still close. So glad you had such a great birthday weekend.
Love you, Mom

Popular Posts