Our Daily Bread
"Give us today our daily bread."- Matthew 6:11. This passage has taken on a whole new meaning for me as bread has turned into public enemy number one. I miss it, but as much as you can miss a bunyon- the shoes are cute, but the pain in the end is not worth it. A couple of month ago I bought Gluten Free bread mix that I had to prepare (or "bake" as you will) myself. Saturday I had visions of sandwiches dancing in my head. Today, not two days later, the rock that had formed from the so-called bread is paperweight worthy. I had one good slice when it came out of the oven, dipped in a spot of oil and vinegar. As we speak, I am back to the kneading board. Perhaps I am supposed to be without for good.... or perhaps God is teaching me the meaning of sacrifice. At this point, I am willing to learn the lesson if it means less pain in the end.
I start school tomorrow. I know. I am fritzing out a little bit. It's my senior year, if all goes as planned, but if it doesn't... well, let's just pray that it does. April is my deadline and I intend on crossing that stage. Count down with me!!!
Next blog: 30 things to do before I am 30.
Next blog: 30 things to do before I am 30.


Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.