Confessions of a (faux) Cyber Dater

Always check your sources. At least that was the point of the assignment in my Mass Media class. My professor was stating that Wikipedia was not a valid source and would not be accepted as a reference. When met with contention, he created an assignment for us to go in and change a couple of things on any Wikipedia website, and then write a report on the things we changed and how we now felt about Wiki as a reliable source.

Changing a word or two was not my type of fun, so I went to the John Krasinski site and made myself his girlfriend for a day. I am sorry for impeding on your privacy, Mr. Krasinski, but it was done in the name of they-will-surely-catch-this-before-anyone-sees-it fun.

(click to enlarge)
Alas, it was posted, and fans of The Office saw it. Bravo for your impeccable Google skills, folks, cuz you found me. I am not dating Mr. Krasinski, much to his dismay. We would be terribly cute together!
(Who knows? He might have considered me a viable option for a nanosecond, but then one look at this creepy photoshopped picture of he and I and all my chances would be out the window. Darn.)

Comments

JenSasser said…
You're like Lucy & Ethel all wrapped up into one adorable package. Good work & stay away from grape stompings :)
Anonymous said…
You are amazing! I laughed so hard...out loud. You two would make quite a handsome couple:)
Julie said…
this about made my night of terrible studying. :-)
Anonymous said…
Y'all would make a cute couple! Never underestimate the power of John Krasinski fans! ;) That's actually a cool assignment, I teach computer to K-8 and I'm always telling my middle schoolers not to trust Wikipedia. Kudos to the prof!
Anonymous said…
That is brilliant. I'm sure John enjoyed dating you for the day lol. Hope he took you somewhere nice ;)
Igarta Family said…
I love you for doing this! I want him to see it and know that you are the one for him. Don't we all want to be his girlfriend though? How about Zachary Levi, the one who plays "Chuck". He seems like he could be your type! Be his girlfriend next!

Popular Posts