No weddings and a funeral... but there is a birthday party and a baby shower too

Tonight and tomorrow night are blocked out to do homework, because I have some so personal business to attend to later this week. But first-- a blog!



Daddy's 60th birthday party is this Saturday (holla!!!). It was be as insane as you can get with cake, punch with classical music wafting in the background. The picture above is the invitation that I easily created on zazzle.com. This shot just about said it all, taken at Mick's wedding in February. He's so cute. We're going to party like he's 99. Wait, that's not the song...

On the same day, at 10 a.m, is my sis-in-law's baby shower. Laura, who is delicately carrying my nephew, will be "showered" with extravagant gifts from the aunties-- hence the reason that I have to get my homework done now. There is no doing this by halves. I have a present to create, and Mallory is doing her part on the Modesto end. Baby Thomas is spoiled already. Anybody surprised?

This week, I was so sad to learn that my good friend Alison Pless (now Magrane), saw her mom off to Jesus. Breast cancer came and took her so quickly that the family is stunned. Claudine was a very sweet woman whom I got to know around Alison's wedding last year. The funeral is also this Saturday, also in Modesto, and I want to go and hug her so badly. How devastating.

That event changed my perspective on my credit card getting stolen and used this week, which was upsetting, but fixable.

Oh, and I can be hired for just about any service right now so that I can make a little extra for Christmas. Get creative and call me up. I have the right to refuse service to anyone (or if it gets my nails dirty!)

Love to you all.

Comments

Amanda said…
Paige and Levi are so excited to see you. If you're lucky, Chunkston will sing you his song from the Parent Trap. He's great at the "yeah yeah yeahs"

Popular Posts