SBS Seeks SoleMate
Single black sock seeks solemate-
Been alone for awhile now. Looking for partner with similar style and size. Must wear diamonds as well as I do. I love a long walk on the beach, or even relaxing in from of the TV. Trying to find mate who doesn't mind getting cozy and warm, and can meet in the middle when things aren't going our way.
My worst nightmare happened during my last final yesterday. See, I had so many finals to take on Tuesday that I moved the HR Management final (open book) to Thursday, so that I would have the easiest one last. The teacher agreed to let me take it in the library and I met him there at 10 a.m.. He handed me the test with instructions to slip it under his door when I was finished. I found a seat on the quiet side of the library (fulling intending on somehow getting into trouble) and got out my book and my pencil.
I read the first question and my blood went cold. I had no idea of the answer. Searching the back of the book for any of the words in the question, I found nothing. I skimmed the offending 3 chapters again to no avail. "Ok, relax," I told myself, "You're fine. Just read all the question and find the one you can answer and then you'll hit your stride." So I read all 10 questions. And I searched the back of the book for any remnant of the words. Getting frustrated, I went to the front of the bok which outlined all the chapters in the book and saw no where to start. Thinking that I would have to start COMPLETELY making up answers, my eyes hit the top of the test:
"Intro to Marketing Final"
Oh. my. goodness. Here I was sweating through my clothes and the instructor had given me the wrong final. I practically ran back to him (oops, no running in the library!) and breathlessly asked for the real one. He looked at me like it was no big deal, but the panic of actually not understanding someone was enough to waste all my energy. At least it made the actual final quite easy. After turning it in, I ran to my car with careless abandon.
I know that I have 3 A's so far, and I am anxiously awaiting the rest of my grades. I can't believe that homework is done, just like that. What do I do now?? Guess I'll go look for that stupid sock...


Comments
I've felt exactly like that when taking a test or two, but unfortunately always had the right test in front of me. I am so proud of you and your grades!
1. Have you already taken Intro to Marketing?
If no...well now you are familiar with the questions with the final!
If yes..why, might I ask did you not know the answers? You know we are expected to RETAIN EVERYTHING we learn right?
2. I too have a dog who should have been named Soxy instead of Roxy! My solution (helps cope with lost baby socks too) is that I have a special drawer that I put the singletons in and then once in a while (just did it yesterday) I go in and match up the ones who have found their mate! I guess I could call it my sock hop night club!
I am so glad you are winding down and looking for what to do with yourself. I say follow Dad's advice and now you can concentrate on those targets in the distance! It won't be long before there are others in sight to tackle.
Rest easy my friend and enjoy the Holidays!
Hey did you see that the tree at the Capital is a Blue Tip? I think that is what you called yours!
Happy one step closer to graduation day, day!
My "word verification" below sayd "imatop" now I have "I'm a little tea pot" song stuck in my head!
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.