Helvetica
You know that you are a graphic design geek when you stay in on a Saturday night to watch the documentary on itunes that you downloaded called, "Helvetica, " which is how typography has evolved in design. It was interesting and it sparked a passion in me to know more about design and I almost wished I had gone to school specifically for it. This morning I gained a little perspective, remembering that there is always time to learn and I'm not too late. One day.
Before that, I walked into the living room and was hit with a large dose of deja vu. Do you have a movie in mind where you walk into the room or turn on the TV and the same part of the movie is always on and you feel like you've seen the whole thing because you have repeatedly seen the same part? Zoolander is one of those movies for me. Well this past week, Sleepless and Seattle has been playing constantly, probably because the sappy romances are guiding us towards the day of love. Last Saturday, I turned on the TV and there was Tom Hanks on top of the Empire State Building: "Jonah! What if something were to happen to you??" *tears* *hugs*. Well, Friday night I walked in the door as Cathy has the movie on, and there was Tom Hanks on top of the Empire State Building. More tears. More Hugs. It wouldn't have been so strange except that it happened again last night when I came out of my homework hub (i.e. room) to get dinner. "You're Annie?" says Hanks, and then, "Well, we better go.... Shall we?" I have to tell you, a sappy ending can get really old if all you have is a sappy ending. I think the plot twists and the conflict is what makes the ending great-- it's not simply great on it own. I'm seeing life to be like that. Instead of longing for the resolution, I'm making note of the decisions and hardships it took to get there. That's the living that makes the resolutions oh so worth it.
Ugh, I'm sorry if I sound deep and interspective. I won't do it again. I blame philosophy class.
In the mean time, coming to a blog near you-- The Bills. It's a bit like Lauren Conrad and her life in LA, but it's set in Redding, is much less cut-throat, and certainly poorer. Ok, not really. I just wanted to show Mallory my hair inspired by the girls in the reality show. Amanda, this is not a picture of myself-- it's a photo of the dog and I.

Comments
Brian's hoping Baby T will arrive on his birthday, the 4th.
~Mal
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.