One Month Today
It's been one month since our sweet little Zsa Zsa passed away. As I sit here holding a sleeping Sophaholics Anonymous (<---my new nickname for Sophie), I am both delighted and saddened. This past month held more grief than I ever thought possible over the loss of a puppy, and it was compounded by shock and the prior loss of Zekers. Cathy and I have held many grieving "counseling" sessions this past month, as we transition from Zsa Zsa to Sophie, who definitely has a different personality. We decided to put them in the category of cousins, where you love their differences and admire them as individuals, but can also grief the loss of one and rejoice in the other at the same time. In that way, we are not "replacing" Zsa Zsa with Sophie. This past month, I keep shaking my head as a new normal takes over my world, one that is burned by the shock of betrayal, but is restored in the life of this new puppy. Nothing is as it should be, but it's as it is. It's like Doc Holliday says in Tombstone, "There's no such thing as normal life, Wyatt, there's just life."
I miss Zsa Zsa terribly.

Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.