A Rare Second Blog In One Day (sorry, this one is without photos...)
Today should have been horrible, since I woke up at 3:30 this morning and did not go back to sleep. This was a day that I was dreading to face, but at least now I had time to watch American Idol that was tivo'd. What an AWFUL round of singing! After that, I got up to work on homework. As I wondered what the day held, I checked my Faith and Culture grade online. I got an A minus on the last test? But.... I did not know any of the answers. How did that happen? Relieved that I could still make the Dean's List this semester, I forged ahead. There was, after all, a Communication Ethics test that I took Monday that I was sure I bombed. Sure enough, I got it back today and received an F. It was one of those tests where you memorize pages of concepts and you have to write them verbatim for a professor who makes the questions tricky by making the test-taker decipher what information he is actually asking for.
Ok let's get back to this F for a moment. I have yet to get lower than a B on anything at Simpson prior to this and it really shook me up (i.e. I wanted to hit something). So, I spent the last hour in class running numbers, and I figure that if I ace the next test, do all the homework, and show up to every remaining class, I can still get an A. That was a relief. Even better, I went up to him after class to contest part of my test grade and it was raised to a D. More wiggle room. Fear not, blogger followers. I am passing my classes, even if it does surprise all of us this semester.
After getting a higher grade on my test, I ran into someone in my group for yet another class that's online but we meet in person once a month. It's a huge project-based class and I shut myself in my room this past weekend to make a dent in all the items that are due. I did this so I could come home this next weekend and hold my nephew for 48 hours straight. Anyway, I told this girl that I should have a draft to her by Tuesday before turning it in. She looked at me puzzled and said, "You know it's not due until the 17th, right?" I have a whole extra week! I am more than relieved.
On a stranger note, I have been self-testing a new food theory. On top of being gluten intolerant, I wonder if I actually can't handle any solid foods whatsoever. So far, liquids have been far kinder to me. Do you think that this might be a problem?
Oh great. The space heater in my room is broken. I better run to Target before crankiness sets in.
Ok let's get back to this F for a moment. I have yet to get lower than a B on anything at Simpson prior to this and it really shook me up (i.e. I wanted to hit something). So, I spent the last hour in class running numbers, and I figure that if I ace the next test, do all the homework, and show up to every remaining class, I can still get an A. That was a relief. Even better, I went up to him after class to contest part of my test grade and it was raised to a D. More wiggle room. Fear not, blogger followers. I am passing my classes, even if it does surprise all of us this semester.
After getting a higher grade on my test, I ran into someone in my group for yet another class that's online but we meet in person once a month. It's a huge project-based class and I shut myself in my room this past weekend to make a dent in all the items that are due. I did this so I could come home this next weekend and hold my nephew for 48 hours straight. Anyway, I told this girl that I should have a draft to her by Tuesday before turning it in. She looked at me puzzled and said, "You know it's not due until the 17th, right?" I have a whole extra week! I am more than relieved.
On a stranger note, I have been self-testing a new food theory. On top of being gluten intolerant, I wonder if I actually can't handle any solid foods whatsoever. So far, liquids have been far kinder to me. Do you think that this might be a problem?
Oh great. The space heater in my room is broken. I better run to Target before crankiness sets in.


Comments
P.S. You have allowed ANOTHER Cycle of ANTM to arrive without you in it? This is not acceptable.
Sure is a good thing your day turned out okay even though you were up so early.
I'm a big fan of self-diagnosis myself, so I'm not knocking your liquid only thing. Check out this diet: http://www.scdrecipe.com/ It has been used successfully by a friend who has Crohn's Disease. This friend no longer has to take medication and feels great. If you are still having trouble even when gluten free, there must be something else. Good luck. For now, I am sure you are a real hot date: "I'll take the veggie platter, no salt, no seasonings, pureed, please."
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.