Relationship Failure #2,917

I have been dating Ryan again since the end of January. We had a great time, but I had to end it earlier this month when it became apparent that we had different definitions of living out our faith. I'm sorry to the 99% of you that didn't know I was even seeing him again. I had to figure this one out on my own.

Comments

Aly sun said…
Do you believe that it is better to have loved and lost than to never love at all? It's painful, but every situation changes you, your choice for the good or the bad. As long as you learn something then no relationship is a failure. Take this from a strong Christian leader going to Bible college who decided to date an atheist womanizer and fell in love with him. It didn't end well. It completely broke me and I mourned a long time. God's faithfulness is always there. His blessings are new every morning. Keep on going, dear friend. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

If you have never watched the 90s classic, Better Off Dead, it is a funny one that may make you laugh instead of cry. One good line from it is, "Buck up, little camper." I use it all the time on myself.

PS You are SO dateable! You're beautiful inside and out. I imagine if you could fathom how much the God who created you loves every piece of you, you would cheer right up.
Anonymous said…
I couldn't have said it better myself, Alysun! Thanks for the words of wisdom & TRUTH! Listen to her, Tawny!
Love,
Mom
Julie said…
ok, tawny for reals. he's the one that has soooo many problems, i don't even know where to begin! you are worth fighting for..but the thing is, he isn't the one to fight for you. you deserve so so much better, don't let him lie to you and don't let satan lie to you either. seriously, he tries to tell us all that crap. you are amazing and beautiful.
Choco Girl said…
I couldn't have said it better than everyone who has posted already!

Girlfriend, like someone has said already, you are worth fighting for. You are God's beloved! And though I know it sucks (dealt/dealing with a break-up myself) please don't go down that road of believing the lie that you are unlovable and not worth fighting for. The absolute right guy will fight for you forever and a day. Looking at the guys my friends have married, I believe there is still hope.
Shawna said…
I saw Madison do something this morning and I think you should try it (at least ONCE a day).

Walk around your house and find something shiny (her choice was the front of the dishwasher) and while looking at yourself say "pretty" and then stretch both arms out as far and wide as you can and then walk toward the reflection and say "HUG" as you hug your pretty self (imagine a toddler hugging the dishwasher!)

Yes she does this at least once a day and I hope this is a sign of early positive self esteem and not a symptom of some pathological double personality trouble!

I truly believe that we cannot accept ourselves as lovable until that love comes unconditionally without judgement from within. When we seek approval from others, (parents, friends, and yes even and most often boys) we allow them the power to control our perception of ourselves. We need to take that power back and love ourselves with kindness and gentleness we so freely offer to others.

There isn't much anyone can say to take away the hurt and rejection you are feeling, but it might help to tell yourself what you would tell one of your girlfriends you love if they were in your place right now. Give yourself some of the warm kind Tawny love that pours out of you for those around you. You deserve it more than anyone.

Lots of love coming your way from Modesto,
Shawna, Rick and Madison, and nose nuzzles from Zoe and Roxy too.

Popular Posts