Let Freedom Ring-- Graduation!

It was finally here and just the most perfect day. Even my cords that were not on straight while I walked across the stage could not ruin my good mood. Cathy had led the family to great seats and they literally sat right down the row from me!

So I looked happily down the row at my friends and family and everyone who I expected was sitting there, and one lady whom I did not expect had driven up that morning to surprise me-- Diana! I got teary and excited all at the same time, and wished I could hop up and hug her! Her and Mal apparently conspired the whole thing and are now "secret besties" (secret best friends).
Amanda and Laura, look at me and my hot corsage! It almost covers Mount Shasta behind me. I took it off so you can see my family in the rest of the photos :) It was so fun to pose for you!
The parents were so happy for me and some of my biggest fans (NOT a fat joke).

Micky, Laura, Mikey, and Tommy all made it to cheer me on as well. Baby Tommy is sleeping in the chair behind us.

Mallory was so excited for me and up to taking this nerdy photo. Mal got to stay with me this weekend and I just love having her around. Not only does she know me well, she always seems to know how to make me laugh. I'll give you my room anytime you want to visit, Mal!

The entire clan that came, including Uncle Loyal and Aunt Carol, Cathy, and Uncle Steve and Aunt Debbie. (Auntie, can you please send me the photo you took of us 3 with your camera?)
This is my favorite photo of the weekend: "Surrounded in love."

My friend and classmate Julie also graduated and we got to meet up after the ceremony. She's getting married in July and so now she'd free to finally plan :)

Now we're back home at the after party, where there was an open bar of all the ice cream one could ever hope for. My degree is mainly sponsored by Cathy because without her I could never have made it this far, scholastically, spiritually, or personally.
I got to hold baby Tommy at the party, but he was cranky. I think it was because the Red Sox were losing. See the baseball game on behind me? Good thing the ceremony did not run too long to hamper watching the Red Sox vs. the Yankess.

Front row seats- Laura holding Tommy, Dad holding Sophie. Don't let him try and tell you he is not a dog lover!
Di got to hold Tommy while he was contented and Sophie also found her the snuggliest. I've titled this "My Lovely with my Two Loves!"

After most of my travelers left for home, the remaining 6 of us went out to Outback and ate very well indeed. It's worth eating like that once every 4 years.

When I got home from that, there was a package waiting for me- A gift from The Deans. It was a 4-step opening process full of love and tons of confetti, but in the end, I had figured it all out (with Mallory's help). Shawna had bought me stock in Starbucks, saying it was an adult-type of gift. I love it-- Thank you Shawna and family!
The moment I knew what it was, this commercial popped into my head. One of my all-time favorites!


The next morning, the family met for our regular Sunday morning coffee. I've seen "Tawny" spelt many different ways, but this one takes the cake!

And just as I was lamenting to my parents that they did not get to meet Ally (I am in her wedding in 3 short weeks!), she drove up with her finance. It was perfect timing! We got a photo, a day late, but somehow it was perfect timing.

If you can't tell, I had a wonderful day full of love, family, friends, and just PURE JOY! I hadn't had a day that exciting in a long time. Thank you to all who supported me in presence and in spirit. I literally could not have done it without you!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That commercial cracks me up every time! Only in my case it was coffee that almost came out while laughing at that silly baby. What a great time celebrating your hard work & diligence this weekend, Tawners. One I won't soon forgot.
Love,
Mom
Choco Girl said…
That is so exciting Tawny! Again congratulations. And what a beautiful day it was for your graduation. Thank you for sharing your adventure through pictures..fun, fun, fun!
Unknown said…
CONGRATULATIONS, TAWNY! All of your hard work and PATIENCE over the years has paid off. I'm so proud of you and so happy your prayers were answered with a beautiful, sunny Graduation Day. Your parents must have been out of their minds with pride. I'm so, so, so happy for you.
Aly sun said…
I'm all teary seeing the pictures that commemorate your big day. I'm so proud of you! So, what's next?

Popular Posts