Always a Bridesmaid... and Having a Blast!
I was in Ally's wedding in Klamath Falls, OR this weekend. She married Chad, who also went to Simpson and was in a couple of Jen's classes last spring. So, I got to know the couple over the past 18 months , but mostly I got to know and care for Ally, who was my closest friend in town (besides Cathy) last summer when I needed a friend most. I would hope that she would also say that I was there for her as her relationship with Chad progressed and she started asking the question, "how do I know he's the one?" One night, I went over to watch a movie with her and she said, "I love Chad. He always makes me laugh." That's when I knew that they were going to make it. He proposed weeks later at an ice skating rink in Klamath. Soon after, Ally asked me to join her as a bridesmaid and -- I was thrilled!
Finally wedding weekend was here, so Julie and I set out for Klamath after I got off of work on Thursday. We made it to a bbq at Ally's parents house with the rest of her family and bridesmaids. Afterward, we hurried over to the condo to set it up for Ally's arrival, including movies, bridal magazines, snacks, and margaritas. Ally was shocked when she walked in! It was so fun to hang around with her and hear the last minute details. While we waited for her to arrive, I snuck a jump shot in...
Once she got there, we made her try on her bridal shoes to break them in a bit.
Once she got there, we made her try on her bridal shoes to break them in a bit.
The next day, the bride and bridesmaids (minus one who did not arrive until the rehearsal) gathered for breakfast at her parents house. Look at the lake view! Anyway, they were feeding us because it was a work day for us-- there was much decorating to be done!
The church overlooked Klamath Falls. Here it is... all of it.
We had 2 starbucks runs on this day, and we were drowning in tulle and fuchsia until we collapsed. But, there was still the rehearsal and the dinner to attend (where I got this lovely photo of Chad and Ally) and we barely made it through, finally excited to fall into bed that night to get ready for the big day.
But sleep (for most of us) was hard in coming. Yet, waking early on the day of the wedding did not take away from the fact that the day was here, and it was a perfect day. We were on time and someone brought us coffee in the morning (see? perfect!) and the bride was all smiles and so very calm. We took hours to get ready, each person helping another with hair or makeup. I got to do the bride's eye make-up-- including fake lashes-- and I was so very nervous for this task. Luckily, she had a family friend who did the foundation and blush and then cleaned up behind me. Pictured with me is Tiffany (who joined us from the rehearsal on), and Beka, who is a good friend of Ally's from Simpson as well. It's amazing how well you get to know these girls by intensely hanging out for 48 hours straight.
The beautiful bride! Here is Ally in her the dress of her dreams, pictured with Maid of Honor Kourtney (her other maid of honor, Julie, is my close friend as well-- but somehow we did not get a photo together; well, from my camera at least).
Someone came up with this cute pose-- I love it! Oh, there is Julie! She is the first girl in fuchsia on the right. Flower girl was Ally's cousin, Ally.
And the ring bearer was this precious boy, Levi. He is Chad's nephew and the most adorable little boy. Aside from MY nephews, of course.
It was a beautful day, and I wish all the best to Ally and Chad. Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day and your new life together!

Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.