Bring Your Puppy To Work Day; Also, My Entire Future Is A Blank Canvas

Today I did not get a lunch break from work until almost 3:30, so I went home, grabbed a bit to eat, and brought Sophie back to work with me to meet my coworkers. Half of the office was out out at an event so it was perfect timing.
She was a good girl on the leash, but she got a little wild to see other people. Here she is with Rachael, another summer worker (and friend!)
My friend Wendy is also a dog-person and they got along quite well. Wendy is the wonderful lady who gave me my ring (the one that looks exactly like the one on her finger. Her's is real. Mine is not).
When I got home, there was a Shareholder Certificate waiting for me-- wrapped and framed and all!

Inscripted on the plaque is a little poem that was collaborated between Shawna, my sister and my father, all without my knowledge. In the end though, I believe Mrs. Dean came up with this on her own. It's so perfect!
I turned around from taking photos to find Sopha Sleeper hiding under my bed, exhausted from the visit to work. Now you know how I feel Sophie.
Speaking of jobs: I often hear "What are you going to do now that you've graduated?" The simple answer is: I don't know. I'm at am impasse where I could go anywhere and do anything at this point in my life, but perhaps I am putting too much weight on the importance of this next decision. It all starts with "what job am I qualified for?" and then "where will that job be?" and then "how in the world can I accomplish anything from sitting at my computer?" It's tough: do I stay in Redding to look for a full time job to earn money to leave, or do I leave now and lose a part-time job, hoping to find something fast? Can you see my dilemma? All I know is: I am not anxious for the day to have to leave Cathy, yet there's no time to be sentimental. My emotions are like thunder: hot and cold colliding at the same time. God know my worries, and has calmed my heart for the time being, but I ask Him often: "What now?"

Comments

Aly sun said…
I love, love, love the wall art. Where ever life takes you, I am sure that seeing the plaque on the wall will always bring a smile to your face. You have great friends and family.

"Where God closes a door, somewhere He always opens a window." (Name that movie for 20 points). I will pray that God makes your path clear and that doors slam closed that aren't right... without pinching your fingers in the process, of course.
Shawna said…
You know there is an official Take your Dog to work day in June! It is always on a Friday so I can't make a case for it at my work but oh well.

I am so glad the stock arrived so soon! I tried to add the line "vivanno" to mean "move on now" but that was stretching it a little too much so I went with safe!

You will find your way and no matter what the decision ends up being, it will be the right one.
Shawna said…
I got the coolest thing in the mail that made me think of you today. It was voting Proxy information for Madison's stock in Dreamworks. I guess since you are a REAL owner of Starbucks stock, you will get to VOTE in how they do things. Made me smile and I had to write to you.

Popular Posts