I Forgot To Finish My Last Blog.
Oh my goodness, I am losing it. The whole reason for me to bring up the e-mail correspondence was so that I could follow-up with a story that happened after that.
After Josh asked me about that faux party and I responded, we all got back to work. One of the girls left around 2:00 and there were 2 of us left, Rachael and I. Josh came into our cubicle and said, "Hey girls. There is some photography equipment in the modular building next door. Do you mind going and grabbing it all and bring it back? Here's the key."
Hmmm, I thought, Josh usually never asks us to anything that involves physical force. Oh! Is this my surprise going away party?? I bet it is! That mean Elise did not really leave at 2:00-- she went to go set up my party!!!
Then I smugly started to leave with Rachael, taking in the sights around me. Everyone was there in the office, going about their business. No one was watching me leave to hatch their evil plan into action. Once in the hallway, the dreams of my surprised face vanished and instead the realistic nature of Josh's request descended. I started laughing. Out loud. At the invisible joke. Rachael looked at me like I had lost it when I said, "Don't tell Josh, but for a second I thought, 'Is this my surprise party?'" She cracked up with me and I eecked out through trying to breathe, "Instead he actually wants me to do manual labor!"
When Rachael and I got to the room she left me to go in and get the items while she checked another room. It was so strange that I had another thought, "Oooooh! They just wanted to get me out of the office so they can surprise me when we get back." When Rachael came I was giggling all over again and asked her about the new plan that my mind made up. The response? "No, dork, there is no party!"
True to form, there was no fanfare waiting for me when I got in. Just a finger was pointed so I could put the box down in the right place and back to work I went. Who needs a party when the anticipation is this entertaining???


Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.