Victoria Still Has Some Secrets Left.

In April, I bought a few pairs of pants from Victoria's Secret. They come in 36" lengths and since I anticipated upcoming job interviews, I stocked up on slacks in most of the sale-priced colors. Once they came, I was very happy with every pair but one. The color was called "downpour" and it was a cross between navy and charcoal gray. Don't be deceived-- the color was ugly. Forgetting to return them earlier, I finally filled out the form this week to send them back. I did, however, forget to tape the bag shut.

Upon arriving at the post office, I had the rolled up bag in my arms. Since I was starving, my mind was on the getting this task over with so that I could get finally get lunch. I walked up to the man behind the counter and asked if he wouldn't mind taping the bag shut while I started writing the label. He unrolled it enough to see the return address and asked, "Aww, why are you sending this back?' I muttered without looking up, "They were ugly and way too tight." He asked without hesitation, "Does it matter?" I looked at him puzzled before I realized that he had surmised that I was returning unmentionables. I blushed from the top of my head to the tips of my toes and stammered, "They are pants, sir. They sell long pants and I bought them. Now I am returning them."

"Oooooh." He smiles like he does not believe me. I continue to write the label while trying not to giggle as "way too tight" keeps repeating through my mind. When he turned the package over, there was a hole in the corner of it and the blue/gray grossness was peeking through. I took the opportunity: "Look- ha! See? Ugly, boring pants that I am returning, NOT lacy hot pink items."

"Hmm, well, I guess you weren't lying to me," he says as he tapes it up, still smug. It was the most embarrassing truth that I ever told.

Comments

i laughed so hard i almost peed lol
Andee said…
Only you, my friend.
Shawna said…
Almost peed? Uh, I think I did. This was HILARIOUS! You can't make this stuff up! Now we know the REAL reason you are moving!
Aly sun said…
Leave it to a guy to wonderful how lingerie could ever be too tight. This would only happen to you. Laughed pretty hard here and so did my hubby.

PS I too buy pants from VS and get their 45 monthly catalogs to prove it. I want to tell my mail delivery person, "Seriously, I just buy their pants!"

Popular Posts