Sophie's Travels (Not To Be Confused with Sophie's Choice)
On Friday, I went to Vacaville to pick up a special package. Cathy, My Cathy, was going to be traveling in my area for the weekend and she needed someone to watch Sophie during that time. So, I jumped at this chance to hang out with Sophekins (after a blessed, snuggly week with Tommy). On Friday I told Mom that I hadn't been this excited since Christmas 1986. I was going to get to see Cathy again! It had been a little over a month since I moved away from her, and we were both noticing the toll that separation took. She was my best friend! When we finally met up at In and Out, I hugged her and an excited Sophie was squirming between us. Cathy and I had to catch up quickly so she could get back on the road. Then it was just me and Sophaholics Anonymous. Look at her.
She used these doe eyes on me more than once.
She used these doe eyes on me more than once.
Sophie traveled with me everywhere, including back to Modesto for Mallory's 25th birthday redo with the sister-in law (back left) and her friend Carrie (back right). We dined on the porch of Harvest Moon so puppy could join us. She was quite a hit. After this picture was taken we looked at it and noticed the boy waving to the camera from inside. When we looked from the digital viewer back to him, the whole table was waiting to see if we noticed our stowaway model. It was funny. They became our friends through the window.
Sunday afternoon, Sophie and I made it to visit Shawna and Madison. I hadn't seen Madison in a few months and I was shocked at the little toddler who greeted me (upon waking from her nap). She was cheery and delightful and smart-- and repeated everything. We had to be careful :) Sophie and Roxy (Shawna's Schnauzer) had run into her room by accident after Madison woke up and Madison was delighted to see the little puppy. Sophie gave her more than enough kisses and Madison loved to throw the ball for her to catch. Madison would repeat her name and it sounded like "Trophy" and alas, a new nickname was born. We went in the backyard for more run around fun. Look at this cutey girl!
Shawna and I had a conversation about baby crocs and how even ugly things are cute when they are mini. This reminded me of a photo I had of Paiger from June when I visited. It's true, crocs are all the baby rage!
After Sophie and Roxy ran and played allll afternoon, I snapped this photo when they were finally peaceful. I know that both dogs slept great that night.
This photo cracks me up! Sophie was running from Roxy so much that Madison wanted in on the fun and "sprinted" toward Sophie. This is Sophie's "which way should I take off?" stance.
This is 99% perfect-- if only that gate weren't in the way. I love that Sophie is good with people, even little ones. That is, after the initial threat of swatting her, of course. This Mama is not going to have the worst child in the group.
Sunday night we visited Auntie DiDi and Jason, and I am pretty sure they are doggy believers now. At least Diana is on the reformation bandwagon. On Monday morning, the day she had to go back, I awoke to the snuggles.
While I was getting ready, she found the only sun spot in my room. I captioned this photo "Deciding between the pensive pose and the thoughtful pose."
Uncle Dan and Aunt Joyce were in town after attending the Simpson Reunion in San Francisco (the same event that Cathy was attending) so on Monday morning, I took Soph over to see them, along with cousins Danny, Taylor, and Dalton. The kids just loved her and played with her and Uncle Dan snapped a ton of photos. We had about an hour to catch up. I found out this weekend that I attend the church that Uncle Dan and Aunt Joyce have attend over 31 years. Who knew? When I told her that I live with the pastor's daughter, she was shocked because she knew who she was. This world is so very small, I tell you.
This was how we spent most of the weekend. Even though it was a lot of traveling, I had a blast.

Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.