IF I had a husband, and IF we were going to Cancun (not bitter; not jealous), then this is what I would urge him to wear.

First of all, I just found a blog today, that I will reprint here:

***

So some of you have been asking what the dress code is, and what exactly is “Beach Formal”. Well here’s a quote that we stole from theknot.com:

“Beach Formal – This suggests an elegant beach wedding — so dress to impress, but also dress for the elements (sun, sand, and water). Anything you would wear to a nice restaurant on a summer day is appropriate.

Him: Summer suit and sandals.

Her: A more formal summer sundress with flat sandals." [<-- Times! Don't use the dresses shown here as a guide. The formal dresses here are yucky. Untimes.]

(Click on the photo to enlarge.)
***

Back to me, Tawny, and the original blog. Men have it easy. Any clothes from Tommy Bahama will work for the entire trip (check eBay!). Men: think linen and khaki. Men, you'll be thrilled to know that you can leave the ties at home... I *think*. This is a Kouretas wedding so you may want to to error on the side of being too dressed up. Therefore, I am not sure about linen and khaki for the wedding. I would go monochromatic. Men-- you should go black.

Ideally, you would look like Bradley Cooper in the movie "The Hangover." Nice black shirt, black slacks-- and you would definitely have to wear closed toes shoes. If the wedding party (the men's side) is less formal and wearing sandals then feel free to dress down. But I would even throw a black blazer that has a subtle texture over it all and viola. You'll be very appropriate and and you'll look nice next to your lady.

Enjoy the wedding... and your husbands!

Comments

Aly sun said…
My husband will be happy to know he can show a little chest hair. Thanks!
Carrie Peeples said…
You aren't going on the trip? I feel like everyone is except Mark and I. We'll be (hopefully) birthing a baby on, before, or right after the day of the wedding. So not a good time to be out of the country.

Popular Posts