If I were going to Cancun....

Ok family-- I purposefully did not read Alysun's latest blog once I saw the topic because she is talking about clothes for the the trip to Cancun that she and a lot of the Friesens are taking in November. This special trip is for the wedding of my cousin Daniel. The moment I head about it, I absolutely wanted to go. I mean it's Cancun, it's family, and it's a reason to celebrate. However, the budget for my airfare would have paled in comparison to my fashion budget for such a celebration and so I had to decline this time.

However, I was asked to make a "if I were to go, what would I wear" list. It was hard to find things for the right price online to cite particular example, so I did not link anything. These outfits are all suggestions and I'll tell you my reasons behind them all so you can have fun with your own shopping! I will tell you though, most of the jewelry can be found at Forever 21 for pretty cheap.

1st basic: the plain day dress/swimsuit coverup.
The point here is-- to always have your swimsuit on underneath during the day. It's comfortable, loose, and easy. The key to this dress is a basic sandal (maybe a metallic?) and...
...jewelry! I would pair it with a matching/or printed chunky bracelet (or 2 or 3!) during the day.

And then add a colorful but sparkly necklace or grouping of them for the evening. I probably would ditch the swimsuit underneath by the evening and add a cardigan.


Since it's November, I would go for a maxi dress. Also wear it over a swimsuit or alone (if it's modest), and this dress looks amazing on just about anyone as long as it reaches to the top of one's foot. No shorter!

Also pair with bangles... or the above necklace.

For the wedding, I would wear shorter and shiner (but not necessarily tighter-- just shapelier). I wouldn't wear black-- the ideal for me would be blue, purple or silver. Note the following for the styles:

A necklace like this makes a girl feel pretty.
Another style dress. If its too low, add a ruffle to it :)

A little shine-- I think this bracelet was $9 at Forever 21.

Like I said earlier, this is a basic guide and prints and comfort level can be substituted to suit ones needs. Oh and budget. Please adhere to the budget that one's husband will allow!

Comments

Andee said…
Thanks for the post, Tawney! Your advice is priceless :)
Aly sun said…
Fun reading your suggestions. I am SO sad you are not going. I am taking a newborn and your excuse is a fashion budget? Not a very good one in my opinion. I'll be thinking of you!
Teresa said…
thanks Tawny, I'm glad I was right on track with what I'm taking....can't wait
Aly sun said…
Okay, now can you do something for your imaginary husband for the imaginary trip to Cancun? My hubby is concerned that a button down shirt and Dockers won't be formal enough for the wedding. What does a guy wear when the woman he is with is wearing the silver short number?

Popular Posts