Tales From An Exhausted Puppy Mom
In the afternoon you can find her in the sunshine on the rug. This is my favorite time of day-- when she has played herself to sleep.
My Dad has a new column off to the right where I updates his daily witticisms that are current and relevant. --->
On today's (09/21), my father is referring to the Friday night computer assembly party at the apartment. I'm *surprise* kinda tomboyish and I actually thrive on assembling things and I like using tools (when they are not slicing through my thumb). However, I bought the exact same computer desk that my folks bought this summer and my mom warned that it took her 4 days to assemble. I did not have 4 days to devote to the project, so I appreciated the parents' help. Sophie and I were watching/helping with rapt attention.
There were times when it did not go well.
But we powered through it, and-- after making the decision to leave off the keyboard tray-- I couldn't be happier. There is room for my knees! That doesn't happen very often. My room is now completed and I am finally sleeping through the night-- the exhausted sleep of a puppy mom that collapses soon after her little girl does.


Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.