Recent Events
I know, I've done a really lousy job at blogging in the past couple of months. It's really been hard to get on the computer after being on it all day and when I do get on it there is homework to do. 6 more weeks and luckily that is over as well. I'm happy to report that I am getting a high C in both of my world civilization classes. That's about all I am aiming for. Looking back, I realize that I kept up with blogging so well when I was in school because I used it to procrastinate from doing homework.
So besides working and training Sophie (crate training blog coming soon!), I barely have time for homework, cleaning, and the occasional social outing. That's why when my friend Victoria asked me to get away with her for the weekend to LA, I was happy for the invite, but wondering if I could do it all. The reason that I ended up saying yes was because I thought it might be a good idea to grab a vacation day before my very preggo boss goes on maternity leave. We're going to be quite slammed in about 3 weeks. This year is sifting through my fingers!
Anyway, after Auntie Debbie and Uncle Steve graciously agreed to watch Sophie for the weekend, our trip was set. We set out this past Friday and made it to LA around 4:30 with pretty little traffic. Since we planned so quickly for this trip, we found a hotel last minute; Victoria is an expert at scouring the internet for great rates. She got us a room at the Roosevelt Hotel, right across from the Kodak Theater and steps away from my National Broadcasting debut, the Jimmy Kimmel Show. After dropping off our things at the room, we decided to go do some important touristy things. You know-- a much needed photo by Britney's Star.
So besides working and training Sophie (crate training blog coming soon!), I barely have time for homework, cleaning, and the occasional social outing. That's why when my friend Victoria asked me to get away with her for the weekend to LA, I was happy for the invite, but wondering if I could do it all. The reason that I ended up saying yes was because I thought it might be a good idea to grab a vacation day before my very preggo boss goes on maternity leave. We're going to be quite slammed in about 3 weeks. This year is sifting through my fingers!
Anyway, after Auntie Debbie and Uncle Steve graciously agreed to watch Sophie for the weekend, our trip was set. We set out this past Friday and made it to LA around 4:30 with pretty little traffic. Since we planned so quickly for this trip, we found a hotel last minute; Victoria is an expert at scouring the internet for great rates. She got us a room at the Roosevelt Hotel, right across from the Kodak Theater and steps away from my National Broadcasting debut, the Jimmy Kimmel Show. After dropping off our things at the room, we decided to go do some important touristy things. You know-- a much needed photo by Britney's Star.

That night we went for sushi and met up with V's friend Chelsea who is a model in Hollywood. We also met with V's friend Beau and our friend Nate, both of whom are friends that we met in Vegas on prior trips. I love that the world gets smaller and smaller every time I travel.

The next day we made our way to Santa Monica, hoping to get some great shopping in. On our way from one mall to the next, we passed by an outdoor skating rink and decided to stop and check out the view to see if it was photo worthy. It was so much fun!-- but it was so warm on this day that we willed ourselves not to fall so that we wouldn't land in the pools of water collecting on top.

Not long after this, we decided to head home. We had no real plans and the city was overwhelming enough, but the city on Halloween was bound to get crazy. We made it back to Auntie and Uncles late and I was so tired that I took them up on their offer to stay over for the night.
Sophie was well taken care of and she didn't want to leave. Auntie sure has a way with doggies. We left them on Sunday morning, met the family for coffee, and then continued on to Manteca. Home sweet home! But home got a lot more fun when we arrived because there was a letter from Zoe and Roxy Dean (Shawna's dogs). They had sent Sophie an edible Halloween card. She LOVES it!
"Go ahead Sophie. Eat it!"
On an unrelated note, but essential for surviving against extra winter weight, there's V8 broccoli soup! This soup is only 160 calories and it's hot, filling, and it leaves caloric room for melting cheese on top. I haven't tried the other kinds that V8 makes because most contain gluten, but I'd advise starting here. Oh and buy them at Target- they are at least $1 cheaper than other grocery stores.






Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.