Multitasking on a Good Day.... On a Bad day : Schizophrenia
People will ask, "Did you see [pick any show here] last night?" I usually answer with "I think so." I multitask like nobody's business and then when I crash- I crash. Anyway, I did not get much done this weekend because I was with some friends shopping in the bay area-- which filled my friend tank-- but there was much left for me to do at home. The most important is all the homework that is due by 11:30 on Thursday and then my semester is DONE! But the kicker is that I don't have to wait until Thursday- once I submit everything, I get to walk away a free woman. At this point, I am motivated to just finish. With my new resolve, I do my best work when I have life in order, so tonight was catchup night. Since getting home at 6 I have unpacked from my weekend, done laundry, rearranged the pantry, loaded and ran the dishwasher, gave Sophie a bath, cleaned the back porch, walked the garbage out with "help" from Mal and Sophie, and worked out while watching the pilot of a new show.
I do this all the time. I'm glad that I can see both programs at once-- I have the workout video practically memorized so I don't need sound. Oh, and now I am writing a REAL blog. I'd like credit for that please.That whole list is not to pat me on the back-- you parents do all this and more for your families on a regular basis. I tell you all of this because this just means that I am ready to do homework tomorrow night. I could be done with school in the next 24 hours. If that happens-- you will know it!
Speaking of multitasking, I was typing this out when a couple girls who call themselves "Garfunkle & Oates" just sang a song about Christmas Letters on Leno. Since we just sent ours out, I got a good laugh at this. Enjoy!
By they way, I realized this weekend while in the city that I never did an update to the "30 things to do before I am 30" blog for my last birthday. There is a lot that has changed in the past year and I want to revamp some of the things of my list and then perhaps extend the deadline. The point for me is to continue to have a life "to-do list" that I WANT to do, not just to pack in before I am 30. I am writing this so that you can remind me to write it for the new year.
Until then, I remain almost thirty, almost flirty, almost thriving, and always multitasking.

Comments
Ted’s Murtaugh List (referring to danny glover's character from lethal weapon, who's always saying "I'm too old for this sh-stuff"):
Pulling an all-nighter
Get ear pierced
Hanging posters without frames
Crash on a friend's futon
Eating an entire pizza in one sitting
Do laundry at mom's house
Put off going to the doctor
Drinking shots with strangers
Leave an annoying two person message on your answering machine
Help someone move out of a sixth floor walkup in exchange for pizza and beer
Beer Bong
Going to a rave
P.S. The Murtaugh List is one of the best episodes of tv. If you're not watching HIMYM yet, you really must. It's perfect tv for everyone our age.
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.