Pure Joy

It was my first Christmas with Sophie, but more importantly, it was my first Christmas with Baby Tommy. It was so much fun to shop for he and Mikey this year, as somehow kids are always easier than adults (or is that just me??)

Christmas Eve Eve

I took this photo, which I love because it looks like a GIGANTIC Sophie is pinning Mallory down.

Christmas Eve

The festivities started off with a night cap. No, that's not right-- they began with Santa's Cap on two handsome men.

I got to feed Tommy his dinner of liquid Mac and Cheese and purple fruit that he kept sneezing back all over me. It was so much... fun?
"Here comes the airplane!"

After dinner was over, Tommy was talking up a storm in his high chair, so Mick took him out and held him. When Tommy picked up a spoon, Mick took the clue and breathed on it and set it on his nose. It stayed!!

Try #2 (I needed as many photos as I could get).

Tommy picked up on the trick immediately and he wanted to do it on Try #3.

He's quite proud of himself, let me tell you.

Mama got to hold the little boy with the spoon. Whoops, Auntie forgot to clean him up after dinner. Mac and Cheese everywhere!

Before I took this photo, I asked everyone to look at me for "the obligatory photo of the adults at Christmas." Mom couldn't even give me that much! Yet we were thrilled to have Uncle Steve and Aunt Debbie there celebrating with us. Unkie was on my team for games and we won! Of course, my dad was on our team too, which I don't think helped us at all....

"Excuse me, you are asking for way too much time away from staring at our grandson."

I love this photo of Mick and Laura. I loved it even more before I ruined Laura's face with a blotch from the red eye removal tool. Whoops. I'll fix it tonight, Laurakins.

Hey! Will and Joey made it to Christmas Eve as well! We had fun with them around, alcohol not required :)

This was night #1 that I got to help give Baby Tommy a bath. That night he cracked Mal and I up so much so that we couldn't breathe because I was holding him while her and I were conspiring about Christmas gifts. It tickled him something fierce!

Christmas Day!

I won't share too many photos on here of the morning because all us of were rough looking after just waking up, but I can't stop looking and laughing at this photo. Enjoy the Coach, Mal. Look, you can see me sitting there smugly in the reflection of the fireplace.

And... this was so fitting, I thought it would be important to tell you-- I got Dad Sudoku toilet paper for Christmas. Each square has a new puzzle. That's a lot of Sudoku titles!!

Later that day, Sophie and I snuggled in for a nap...

And she settled in with Mallory that day too...

... and oh my goodness, looky here: Sophie cuddling with Grandpa.

Christmas Night

We went back over to Mick and Laura to exchange gifts. Mikey's super cool aunt got him this shirt. No-- me!!! Isn't he handsome?

Mick helped Laura open gifts for Tommy. Surprise! A Red Sox sweatshirt and sleeper, mini- sized.

Tommy LOVED the sweatshirt!

Mikey and I-- I think we look QUITE related!

And the grand finale is not so grand. I had gotten Sophie a new kong and Dad was throwing it from the family room for her to catch and it landed smack into her food dish. I was there to watch the food fly. No matter to Sophie-- she ate it right off of the floor. It's probably obvious that Mom was not at home when this happened.

I hope that your time with family was as special and as joyous as mine was!

Comments

Aly sun said…
Love all the Christmas photos. The fun you have with your family is tangible. I want to crawl in the pics and have a laugh with you all. That one of your parents looking anything-but-thrilled is priceless.
Andee said…
Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like flying dog food. Soduku TP? But where do you keep the pancil?
Anonymous said…
1) thank you for not posting the OTHER picture of me when I opened my purse- I will be needing any and all copies of those by the way so they don't end up in a wedding slideshow down the road
2) looking back at those pictures makes me want to hang out with our family more....although by day 4 I had had enough bonding time to last me awhile
3) we seriously have the cutest nephew ever!!!! I can't look at a spoon or whisper without thinking of him and giggling
:-)
April said…
Thank you for sharing! I loved the pictures and captions!

Popular Posts