I'm So Cool. Just Ask 2-Year Olds.

I got to babysit Paige and Levi on Saturday! I've done it before for a couple hours here and there, but this was a biggest chunk of time yet. It has actually been a long time since I've made it out to Oakdale so I hoped that they would remember me and not revolt at my presence. There was nothing to worry about! Amanda totally prepared them for my arrival and we had a blast. We played Thomas the Train and read some books and then Mal- who had never met them yet- stopped by to help. I appreciate her so much because she volunteered for the gig. Only once Mallory stopped by was I able to break out the camera. See Amanda. It was a normal day!

I bragged to Paige that Mal could make a cat out of the blocks, which of course was impossible. But she did build a mean house.

Phew, now Paige had a place to store her jewelry.

Levi snuggled with me for awhile to watch Max and Ruby.

I told Levi "cheese" and this was the precious result. What a ham!

Paige showed me the proper way to take care of her baby.

Paige was shocked that I could draw a kitty. Please no pictures of the sitter.

Mal had to leave us, but lunch was a breeze. They can now point and ask for what they want. I never knew how nice it is to hear "yes" and "no." They ate everything I gave them and they were rewarded with a cookie!

I said no photos!

Alright, whatever, who cares. Levi and Paige didn't care that I wasn't wearing make-up. As long as I read Thomas the Train. Twice.

Comments

Amanda said…
You're the best babysitter EVER! And I totally owe you - it was so nice not to have to worry about my kids while they were with you. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
Shawna said…
How many times did you have to take that 'no photos' photo in order to get your eye in just the right place? Too cute.

How does one book such a star sitter? Although I think I would rather leave Madison with Rick and go somewhere with YOU!
Tawny said…
Silly, Shawna, all you have to do is ask! That made me giggle that you would want some time off too. This week is open and I am healthy (so far). Want to make a time to meet up?

3. It took 3 photos to get my eye in the right spot :)
Kari said…
I have a couple 1 year olds that I think would LOVE Auntie Tawny! =)
Anonymous said…
I noticed all these cute pictures of my babies but where are the one's of you actually taking care of my BABY!!!! There is not one mention of the lil Pig and I am very disappointed in that.......
Tawny said…
Brian-- nope, I didn't forget anything....

Just kidding. To be fair, I should say that Lilly drove me crazy because she wouldn't come out of the kids' room when they went down for naps, but she was being so protective. That was *a little* precious.

Kari-- Call me!

Popular Posts