Migraine Madness

I didn't have caffeine soon enough on Saturday. When I got home from babysitting, Mal and I took Sophie on a walk and then I was supposed to get ready to go to Applebee's with Sister for dinner. I got on the computer for a second and the light on the screen hit me funny and I felt the familiar pull begin. Migraine. Mal walked in and my head was throbbing like mad. She wanted to know if I still wanted to go and I asked her to let me take a bath and hopefully I would feel better. The moment I sat in the water and my head exploded in so much pain that I was sick to my stomach. I pathetically yelled for Mal. Earlier this week she told me that the "cure for a headache is a lime to the forehead." I didn't believe her, but was willing to try anything.

I asked her through the door to cut a lime for me. She threw a lime in the bathroom and I sat there with a stupid lime on my forehead for about 10 minutes. No go. Drugs, Mal. I need drugs. Mal then threw in Advil. I took it and waited for the pain to subside. And why in the world were the lights so bright? I crawled to bed and covered myself completely with blankets, falling fast asleep in minutes. I guess Mal had come into my room to yell "are you ready yet?, not knowing that I was in the mound on the bed. Sophie blew my cover and emerged from snuggling with me to greet her. What I did hear was "Ugh, seriously? Here, I got all ready and and everything...." I knew she was disappointed and feel back asleep in unrest. When I awoke, it was 7:30 (and hour after the worst of it) and shuffled into Mal's room (wow, I can be really dramatic, can't I??).

"If you put my make-up on for me, then we can go."

What a good sister-- she did! She could have made me look like Mimi from the Drew Carey show- that's how little I cared at the moment. Only then did we detour our plans from loud Applebee's to a quiet sushi place in Manteca, which we loved. Once I ate, I felt like myself again.

The moral of this story, is that I think Mal made up the lime thing so that I would end up looking like this:
(photo reenactment. Smirk not included in the original scene. Thanks for the extreme close-up, Mal)

Comments

Aly sun said…
What a sister! I've never heard of the lime thing. Sorry about the migraine. Worst pain ever. I would rather give birth without drugs than have a migraine. Not that we can choose. :)
Sherri said…
You guys are sweet to each other- I would have told my sister to take a hike if she wanted me to go out after a headache! So sad the lime didn't work- but maybe it did if you recovered that soon- just not an immediate thing

Popular Posts