Strike Up The Band

Cue Violins.
Here is Sophie at any normal day and time. Study the peaceful body language. She is happy and content and nothing can shatter her reverie. Until...


Cue classic horror film music.

...This is Sophie lately. She is snarling. She is mad. She is-- jealous.
(Not an actual photo of Sophie. Duh.)

What would bring about this behavior is my almost perfect puppy? Guess. Nope, not that. Uhhh, not that either. Sophie is jealous because I went and got myself a man.

I can hear you gasping. Is it that surprising?

Actually, the Lord orchestrated it in a way that I never would have guessed, but that's usually the way He works. Man found me through his brother (a.k.a. Younger Man) and asked me out and we've logged quite a bit of time getting to know one another so far. He loves Jesus, and that's the best starting point that I can think of. Perhaps you can all meet Man sometime soon (but me first!) You'll get the whole story one day. Just know that I am SO happy.

As for the rest of this story, I play with Sophie more when I am talking to Man so she has no reason to complain. But complain she will, as long as she can tell that my attention is divided. A quick search on the internet and tips from other jealous puppy owners means that I have my good puppy back. All is well in Manteca.... perhaps it's never been better.

Comments

Julie said…
Ummm this is AWESOME! :) I'm really excited for you and to hear that you are happy with the "man."
Anonymous said…
This guy sounds totally awesome! Like probably the greatest man on the planet. Charming, witty, and rugged, manly good looks. He sounds perfect for you!! What a great guy!
Anonymous said…
One guess as to who wrote the above comment ;-)

~Mal
Shawna said…
See...Remember when I told you way back when....when you crossed "Fall in Love" off your "30 things before 30" list that when it happened for REAL you would KNOW it and it would be so different than anything else you have experienced.

I am so very happy for you!
Aly sun said…
Ooh, I love this kind of news. It makes me feel 14 again and all giddy with excitement. Can I borrow your purple sweat shirt to wear with my one yellow sock and one pink sock? Or was it one pink and one yellow?
Choco Girl said…
I am so happy for you deary! Yay!!

Popular Posts