It's Getting Personal...
Three weeks ago, my life changed significantly. I work on the 7th floor of a high rise in Stockton and on the ground floor is one of our health clubs. Well, at one lunchtime workout a month ago, the personal trainers approached the marketing team (4 of us) and asked if we wanted a free training session. We said yes, but would only stop there because we were sure that there was no way we could afford to do it.
They gave us 45 minutes of training:
I had no idea I had those muscles.
And then they gave us the corporate rate for group training: Where do I sign?
I get to work out in group training 4 times a week and I am sore for at least 2 days afterward. It's been 3 weeks and I'm already losing inches and I'm gaining strength and happiness. It sounds weird, but you'd all be floored how excited I am to get out of bed in the morning of my training days. I'm not spinning my wheels at the gym now, I am doing intense things that I never thought I could do. And it's just the beginning. My clothes are any looser yet, but I feel better in them.
I wanted to demonstrate the push-up, but Sophie wanted to have a moment.
They gave us 45 minutes of training:
I had no idea I had those muscles.
And then they gave us the corporate rate for group training: Where do I sign?
I get to work out in group training 4 times a week and I am sore for at least 2 days afterward. It's been 3 weeks and I'm already losing inches and I'm gaining strength and happiness. It sounds weird, but you'd all be floored how excited I am to get out of bed in the morning of my training days. I'm not spinning my wheels at the gym now, I am doing intense things that I never thought I could do. And it's just the beginning. My clothes are any looser yet, but I feel better in them.
I wanted to demonstrate the push-up, but Sophie wanted to have a moment.
The plank is the most "fun" thing we do. I'm pretty good at holding it awhile. It's the only thing I am good at. My new nickname is "Gazelle" because when we have to run the stairs, the trainer waits until we get 2 levels up and then he starts up the stairs to beat us up to the 4th floor. I am always the first "gazelle" that gets caught at the back of the pack. What can I say? I have LaBarbera speed.

Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.