June in 10 Minutes
Meredith Friesen has graduated High School. Somehow I can't even believe that 18 years has passed since she was a baby. It's too wild to even wrap my mind around. Anyway, Mal, Mom and I made it to her graduation party in San Jose the first weekend of June. Here is a sister pictures with her sister Emily joining us. We LaBarbera's had a great time at the party and laughed so much despite being surrounding by high schoolers. It's a strange feeling to look around and realize that you're an adult in the room....
Congrats Mere!
Congrats Mere!
He straight wore me out. Luckily this was taken (by Mal) after Tommy was in bed. Otherwise my auntie babysitting privileges would be revoked.
The middle of June is a blur. I'm not exaggerating. I can't remember most of it and I don't have time to stop and think. Oh yeah, I went on one date. Yeah, yeah, yeah, dating blog coming soon (I promise that I'm not trying to hype this up or add an air of mystery by putting it off. It just has to be carefully written).
On June 30th, my company decided that they needed Marketing's help to help thrown an event in Monterey. And driving would take far too much time: how about flying in the company plane? The ladies in my department know me well-- they tried kept this under their hats until 2 days before the flight so that I couldn't worry for long. Problem is, someone outed the plans in front of my by accident and I had a week to worry.
I knew it was a 7-seater plane, but I didn't know what that would translate to size-wise. I was about to find out.
Here is Rina and I in front of the terminal, terribly optimistic.
Right before take off, I snapped off this shot. It was actually toned down a little. My fear was and is real.
Without any disrespect to the pilot (which I told him), I was thrilled to get back on the ground again.
Not 10 minutes after the embarrassing ground pose, a family walked past me through the terminal with carry-ons and holding pillows. I thought "must be nice, for a family to be so wealthy to walk right on their own plane." The man passed me and looked me right in the eye and I thought " You are with your family, sir. Bad flirting man!" Once he was outside, a member of my group said, "Hey, that was Rogers Clemens!" All "bad man" thoughts left my head as I swung around to get another glimpse of him while fumbling for my camera. He's the speck of color the 2nd to the right.That was June. Did that take you longer than 10 minutes? Probably. That picture of Tommy and Sophie makes me stop and smile for awhile too.


Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.