Look Out: I'm Getting Spontaneous!

My friend Terri Purto-- whom I've known since first grade-- and I keep running into one another all over town. After high school, Terri often came in with her friends to Applebee's and I would wait on them; we worked at the college at the same time, and most recently I saw her at the Walk for Babies at Graceada Park. Facebook helped us to become closer friends even though we grew up together. Recently we realized that we needed to hang out more and Terri is such a great woman of faith. She called me right after church yesterday: "Would you like to go to the lake?" Being an avid sun/boat/water lover I said "Yes! When?"

"Now!" she said. I had to talk myself into being spontaneous, even though earlier that morning I was trying to get excited for an afternoon of laundry. Her friends that were lined up to go ended up having plans that day -- so I was in!

Terri and I had tanning time and let the guys go in the lake.
Lake Tulloch: noooot the prettiest view (and boy do I need a pedicure!) but Terri said it best, "How can people see nature and not know that God exists?" She must have been looking another direction. Just kidding. It was perfect because it was peaceful.
I got to drive the boat! It was my first time, as the driver Don wanted to ride on the inner tube and Terri was too scared to take over. So he taught me what he knew in about 5 minutes, then I practiced and we were off. It was wild-- and we were only going about 20 mph. Yet, not 5 minutes into the ride, I got pulled over by the boating Sheriff. "Me???" I asked him and the boat laughed because I here was granny driver getting pulled over. "Yes. Lake Tulloch is a counterclockwise lake and you have to keep the shore to your right."

"Like car lanes?"

"Yes." Yeah, yeah, thanks Officer Skipper-- I'll obey the rules now that I know them. Here I thought I asked every question in the book before starting out. I yelled back to the trusting owner of the boat whom I had met just 2 hours prior: "That would have been nice to know!" I'm now known as the girl who drives really slow and still go pulled over by the cops. Great.

Before my time on the inner time, it was all laughter and sunshine.

And after my time in the inner tube.
Ron wasn't nearly as timid driving as I was, and after 10 minutes of white knuckle holding and screaming and laughter, Terri's friend Luis and I took a nasty tumble into the lake where I felt like I was hitting cement and still managing to swallow half of the lake at the same time. After I could breathe again, I started to giggle, picturing all 14+ feet of limbs flying in the air before impact. Later the guys asked me what I wanted to eat and I said, "I'm good: I swallowed some protein in the lake water a little bit ago."

Comments

Aly sun said…
reminds me of when my mom went off the blob at camp. Lots of skinny limbs flying through the air. We definitely had a good laugh (at her expense). Looks like a fun afternoon.
Shawna said…
Hey I will ask my Mom if she saw the granny getting pulled over for going the WRONG way! (They live at Tulloch you know!) The cops were probably nicer than my Dad would have been had your wake taken out his dock! You should ask Rick to take you around, Madison would LOVE to see you fall, she loves Wipe Out you know! She tells Rick "Faster Daddy Faster". What a great time!

Popular Posts