Flu
Last Monday night, Mick, Laura and Tommy came over for dinner because we were celebrating Mick's 33rd birthday. The next day we got the news: Laura was sick with the stomach flu and Mick was taking care of her. I hit the gym hard that day at lunch because I wanted to get back into my routine and build up my immune. The next morning, Wednesday, I woke up more sore then expected. In fact, I could hardly stand up straight, my stomach hurt so badly. I dressed shakily and started driving to work. Every mile my body got heavier and heavier and I wrestled with turning around and going back to bed. It wasn't until I got to work was I convinced that I was sick, but I has just driven for 45 minutes and was not going to go back. One look at me and my boss sent me home. I considered a nap in the parking lot before venturing back, but I sucked it up, hoping my stomach would make the trek home.
I barely made it home before I was in tears and crawling from the pain. Sometime later that day, Micky sent me a text photo of Laura sleeping peacefully saying "She's so precious when she's sick."
I sent him this photo:

and he wrote me back, "Ooh, that's not precious sick, that's angry sick."
Luckily, it looks like the bug has stopped spreading through the family and I look forward to a healthy, happy winter. Seriously, I really enjoyed the fall day today, and am excited about chilly nights, cute boots, hot chocolate, and upcoming holidays. Great! 2 months of being a vagabond and I turn into an entirely different person...
Butterfly pillowcase brought to you by: Mallory's junior high decorating whim.

Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.