My House is so Warm it's on Fy-yah!

You're just in time for the party! Welcome to my home, would you like to take a tour?

Let's start with my bathroom because that the only photo where I pop up to say hello.

You've seen a bathroom before, I'm sure of it. I must point out that Ryan installed that curved shower rod and its my favorite feature.

It's pretty small, but after living in the cottage, it's more space than I actually need.

Hey, Sophie came in to say hello!

My bedroom. It's absolutely perfect for me.... I mean... for us. Look at Sophie posing! Note the paint swatches in the corner serving as room color guides. I really should have been an interior designer. I could look at paint and fabric all day long.

The entertainment center. Nothing to steal here, folks.

Phase 2 of my place has been completed. I have a laundry room!


I love to put photos of friends and family up *hint, hint*

My 2nd bathroom (Phase 3) is a work in progress. I after choose the colors and patterns of this bathroom, I liked them so much that this weekend I am switching my bathrooms. Make sure you don't eat the Oreos and red vines-- they are actually soap!

The prettiest wall art that I even did see.

Without the curtain, the bathroom does look pretty big. Also note the door on side that goes right into the 2nd bedroom.

My second room, the Playroom (not a nursery) is all ready for company under 3'. My steamer is on the right, but I have no idea what that is in the left hand corner.

I have a toy box! Thank you to Shawna and Madison Dean for being so generous and giving some extra toys. Tommy and Maura and I very much appreciate it. Again, what is that thing in the corner??

Sophie wanted a Muscle Dog calendar put up, but I told her that was inappropriate. She settled for "Regal Dogs of the West."

My dining room and living room. Sorry that it's hard to see through the beautiful plant that Ryan got me (but I'm not sorry at all :)

I love my dining room setup. You can't see it much, but I made the runner on the 1st annual LaB ladies sewing day on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The living room swatches are also there in the background.

This is where Ryan and I can sit comfortably close to one another and watch Dateline on Friday nights. If I were to take up knitting, you would think we've been married for 30 years already.

The infamous Chandler and Joey chairs.

My ledge of love.

The kitchen. Truffles and cupcakes for everybody!

Where the dishwasher stands-- er--resides.

Only 2 boxes of cereal? How AM I getting nourishment?

The outside porch was covered with a purple plastic tabelcloth for the party because it's actually under construction still. When I moved in, it was a surprised to find out that I need to refinish the decking. I'll get around to it, but I have avoided getting a quote to see how much its going to cost me. Meanwhile Sophie has her grass and her sunshine. She went outside to soak up the sun the moment the plastic went down.

Party day was just incredible. Take one part homemade chocolate dipped Oreo truffles (Shawna)...

...and 2 parts homemade fluffy cupcakes (Diana), have some other appetizers thrown in and you have yourselves a housewarming!

...That is until I left the bread in the oven on broil and walked away, forgetting to set a timer. I smoked up the place! Even when I brought the burnt pan to the porch, I returned to find a lone piece of bread in flames in the oven. Ryan was a sweetheart and retrieved the now offensive lump of coal to toss in the big dumpster. Meanwhile, thank God all of the windows were open so that the burnt smell could escape. I mean, how perfect was this scenario? "If there is smoke coming from the windows, be assured-- you know where Tawny lives!" Diana and Victoria thought it was pretty bad.

Ok DiDi, it was not that bad...

Shawna, Rick and Madison Dean all made it, as well as so many other cherished friends and family.

Mallory helped me so much with the party. She made the fabulous guacamole and was not responsible for the kitchen fire at all. She's pictured here with our friend Enrique. Mick and Cousin Will made the shot in the background.

Maura even stopped by, but a party wasn't going to stop her from doing what she needed to do.

I did a horrible job of getting photos of the actual event. There was the hostessing, plus food preparation, plus hoping to catch up with people, plus making sure Sophie didn't run out the door or swallow any 2-year olds whole. So many wonderful memories are just locked up in my mind. But Mom and Dad were still there while everything was winding down. They are so cutey.

Ryan tended to a doggy that was plumb tuckered. The last person left at 8 p.m. For a Sunday night, I would say that was a success!

Upon cleaning up, I discovered that more people had been there than I originally thought. Who is Abdul?

Thank you for taking the tour with me. It's now time for me to go and complete Phase 3 of my housing projects. You're invited to come and stay with me any ol' time-- but you might want to bring some blankets. That guest room in a work in progress!

Comments

Bestie said…
You killed me with smoke and yet I didn't spill my wine glass. :) priorities!
Aly sun said…
Your parents look nearly drunk with excitement over you having your own place. Looks like a good time and I noticed a tiny Peters family on your popularity wall, so my day is complete.

Love the new place!

Hope you chronicle your decorating journeys. Can't wait.
Lesley said…
Beautiful house Tawny! I'm so excited for you. :) Also, I am dying for that Oreo truffle recipe. Can you send it to me?

Popular Posts