Playing Wedding, Celebrating Birthdays, and The Dentist

The last week of January, I got the privilege to model for Mira Bridal Couture once again. Any modeling that I do over the age of 30 seems like a extra blessing (to go along with the extra wrinkles). My hair was big but you can almost see the rest of the girls behind me.

 Ryan came to my show, so this wasn't terrifying at all.

We celebrated Tommy's second birthday last Saturday night. I can't believe that he is 2 years old. He brings so much joy into our lives! Everyday he gets smarter and smarter, and I have to get more and more careful about what I say around him.

The day after the birthday party was the Superbowl. Ryan and I has grandiose plans to travel back to the Bay Area to go to our friend Nicole's house to watch the game. I even had chicken and salsa crock-potted the night before to bring in my football shaped platter. Sunday morning I woke up very precarious, and by the time that church was over, I was too sick to even stand. We got home and I went back to bed and was asleep in minutes. Ryan had to cancel our travel plans, but we rallied and decided go and watch the game at Mick and Laura's. I was a permanent fixture on the couch, but I got to see some very cute sights. Maura wanted to sleep on Grandma:

Tommy took very quickly to Ryan, who became his buddy for the entire game. We ended up having a very nice time. I had missed my family more than I even knew after living with them day in and day out.

This week I had go to the dentist and since I had the last appointment of the day before the cleaning crew came-- I got to bring Sophie! And wouldn't you know it, she was a good girl, lying right next to the chair (that she was leashed to). After my teeth were cleaned, I asked if I could got a "Sophie goes to the dentist" photo, and he wanted to hold her. What a sport! I just love my dentist-- we go way back. He and his wife go to the church that I grew up in, and I house-sat for them in my early 20's (they've always had Golden Retrievers to watch over). Anyway, he agreed to clean my teeth at 6pm so I didn't have to take off of work. That guy is just GREAT with humans and canines!
 

Comments

Popular Posts