Cubicle Culture
The new job is going well. It will be going very well as soon as I can get a little more time under my belt and meet some more people both in and out of the company who will be key to my success. It's been a quiet couple of weeks, in the way that I only have the brain capacity to learn my job and don't have many friends there yet. I was correct that the change is just... different. The most different thing that I am dealing with daily is:
Cubicle Culture.
![]() |
| Dramatization photo. Actual cubicles have much cooler people in them. |
I'm not really made for cubicles. Besides the fact that I eat and drink at my desk constantly (I'll blog about why this week), there the claustrophobia issue, and the listening to everybody else's probl conversations. It took me a week to record my voicemail, I was so self-conscious. So, until my phone starts ringing, I put on my headphones to write press releases so that I can focus better. Hey, it worked with homework. The only saving grace that I have is that I am in the corner, so no one is behind me. I know, I know. "Nobody puts Tawny in the corner."
The company itself is great and its almost time for me to make my professional move. I have a goal to reach, you know, and it includes not being in a cubicle anymore.
I've been pretty grateful with the commute and getting to go home for lunches. Sophie likes it too because she get to sit in the sun for an hour on the patio. Plus, if I time it right, I get to watch an entire episode of "The People's Court." I'll bet Judge Milian never worked in a cubicle.


Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.