First Day

I really like the new job and I think it's right up my alley. But like the rest of my life, it didn't start without a fair share of drama. I'd shown up early (no comment, Mal) and within the first 10 minutes they had to call 911 for a maintenance worker who came into the break room where I was sitting, sat down, shakily asked for someone to call his wife then yelped out in pain. Luckily there was a coworker close who knew that he was a diabetic so they called an ambulance out right away. It was 8:15a.m. and I wanted to ball my eyes out.

As far as the work and the people that I met, it all went so well. There is so much more to learn and I am looking forward to the moment where I get something right on my own. Guess that's what training is all about.

I did get to come home for lunch to play with Sophie and get things done around the house (oh yeah, and eat), plus I had more time tonight so I'm heading to bed now feeling very accomplished.

Comments

Popular Posts