*Snap, snap, snap*
WOWIE! Is this powerful or what? Talk about putting a stamp on the truth and saying it in an incredible way. Thanks to Adrienne Yerzy for thinking of me and sending this on.
Poet Janette ...ikz (That's her stage name. Get it? Hint: say it fast).
"I Will Wait For You."
Here are the thoughts that ran through my head as I was watching this:
1)The antagonist she speaks of is not symbolic of my last relationship. Ryan was and is a good man. However, I can relate to her perspective (hello, remember my 20's?).
2) I wish I had seen this before Amanda just spent an hour with me on the phone talking me through something that seems obsolete now.
3) This might be controversial, but the people in this video seem more like my community then my community does. If you don't understand what I mean, please skip to point #3.
4) I hate the phrase biological clock. I would never say that.
5) When she talks about the kind of Biblical man that she is looking for, I didn't wonder where that man is in my life. That's not for me to be concerned about. However, when she talked about what a godly woman should look like, I wondered where that woman is. I have some work to do.
6) After watching this the 4th time, I've reminded myself that words are only effective if they bring about a change. Otherwise they are just words.
7) It bears stating that I really am contentedly single 98% of the time. Please send up a prayer for my aunts who have fainted by now.
8) "I will wait" gives me the wrong mental picture of the situation from my point of view, as if a woman is sitting idly by. I'd change it to: "I will live the best life I know how and if you show up and want my attention, I'll think about giving it to you if it's convenient for me."

Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.