The Big Move -Andy's Response
**Note from Tawny: I asked Andy if he wanted to discuss the move from his perspective-- and if he did I had some blog room for him. This is what he sent me tonight to share with all of you, unedited and in its entirety. I thought I knew what he might say, but I learned even more reading these words (I may have cried...and laughed...and cried again...).**
Tawny often uses the term “adorkable” to describe me. While I won’t admit to being “adorable”, I will admit to being a dork. Just to prove how dorky I can be, I did a little research. As of tonight, Tawny and I have spent 8,950 minutes on the phone. That equates to 149 hours and 10 minutes or 6 days and 5 hours. Six full days of conversation! That doesn’t include the 942 minutes we have spent on Skype or the hundreds of text messages we have exchanged. Yeah, okay, your geekometer is spiking, I know. This just illustrates what I already knew: Tawny and I never run out of things to talk about. It has been a joy getting to know her over the last 4 months.
I think there are more livestock than people here in South Dakota, and when I joined E-Harmony, that became very apparent. The E-Harmony matches were few and far between. When I was matched with an ex girlfriend, an ex girlfriends sister, and my cousin’s ex-girlfriend, I decided it was time to expand the matching radius! I started with a somewhat larger radius which included neighboring states. But you see, I wasn’t just looking for “someone”. I don’t think God wants us to be with just “someone”. He has a special reason for each relationship he puts in our lives. And finding “someone” just for the sake of finding “someone” isn’t going to cut it.
I began to realize that I was taking this search a little too seriously because we can’t possibly know what’s right for us half of the time. On a whim, I changed my matching radius to “anywhere” and God did the rest. Tawny from CA popped up as a match one day. After a quick glance at her profile, I came to these conclusions: She is gorgeous, she is hilarious, she is from California, and she walks with Jesus. I’m not kidding, just by looking at her profile, I felt like I had a window into her faith. She mentioned “grace”. I love that word, “grace” , and what it means for all of us. Anyway, long story short, that went a looong way with me. Her green eyes, long legs, and gleaming smile may have excited me a bit too ;)
.
You probably know from Tawny by now that we have more than hit it off. I thank God everyday for putting her in my life. The most fundamental obstacle that we have dealt with from the very beginning is that Tawny lives in California and Andy lives in South Dakota. After much prayer and conversation, Tawny has decided to move my way. I know she is loved and appreciated by many, so I know she will be missed greatly! I look forward to meeting all of her friends, and I wish I knew more of you at this point. Until we meet, all I can do is reassure you that she will be in good hands. I LOVE this girl and her dog. So there, you go. There really is an Andy. He may be a dork, but he is not a creeper. Other interesting facts to note: I am missing an organ, I am 6’3”, I love to run, my last name means “fat” in German, and according to Tawny, my head is actually quite large in person, at least in comparison to Facebook photos. I believe she used the term “bobblehead”.
By the way, Tawny didn’t tell me to say any of this.
-Excited Guest Blogger Andy
Tawny often uses the term “adorkable” to describe me. While I won’t admit to being “adorable”, I will admit to being a dork. Just to prove how dorky I can be, I did a little research. As of tonight, Tawny and I have spent 8,950 minutes on the phone. That equates to 149 hours and 10 minutes or 6 days and 5 hours. Six full days of conversation! That doesn’t include the 942 minutes we have spent on Skype or the hundreds of text messages we have exchanged. Yeah, okay, your geekometer is spiking, I know. This just illustrates what I already knew: Tawny and I never run out of things to talk about. It has been a joy getting to know her over the last 4 months.
I think there are more livestock than people here in South Dakota, and when I joined E-Harmony, that became very apparent. The E-Harmony matches were few and far between. When I was matched with an ex girlfriend, an ex girlfriends sister, and my cousin’s ex-girlfriend, I decided it was time to expand the matching radius! I started with a somewhat larger radius which included neighboring states. But you see, I wasn’t just looking for “someone”. I don’t think God wants us to be with just “someone”. He has a special reason for each relationship he puts in our lives. And finding “someone” just for the sake of finding “someone” isn’t going to cut it.
I began to realize that I was taking this search a little too seriously because we can’t possibly know what’s right for us half of the time. On a whim, I changed my matching radius to “anywhere” and God did the rest. Tawny from CA popped up as a match one day. After a quick glance at her profile, I came to these conclusions: She is gorgeous, she is hilarious, she is from California, and she walks with Jesus. I’m not kidding, just by looking at her profile, I felt like I had a window into her faith. She mentioned “grace”. I love that word, “grace” , and what it means for all of us. Anyway, long story short, that went a looong way with me. Her green eyes, long legs, and gleaming smile may have excited me a bit too ;)
. You probably know from Tawny by now that we have more than hit it off. I thank God everyday for putting her in my life. The most fundamental obstacle that we have dealt with from the very beginning is that Tawny lives in California and Andy lives in South Dakota. After much prayer and conversation, Tawny has decided to move my way. I know she is loved and appreciated by many, so I know she will be missed greatly! I look forward to meeting all of her friends, and I wish I knew more of you at this point. Until we meet, all I can do is reassure you that she will be in good hands. I LOVE this girl and her dog. So there, you go. There really is an Andy. He may be a dork, but he is not a creeper. Other interesting facts to note: I am missing an organ, I am 6’3”, I love to run, my last name means “fat” in German, and according to Tawny, my head is actually quite large in person, at least in comparison to Facebook photos. I believe she used the term “bobblehead”.
By the way, Tawny didn’t tell me to say any of this.
-Excited Guest Blogger Andy


Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.