The Christianity Diet

I call the diet I'm on now The Christianity Diet for a couple of reasons. Like Christianity, I don't want to know what I can't do, I want to know what I can. The second reason is because I pray a LOT whenever I encounter temptation. Do I need this? Am I eating this on purpose or on autopilot? The whole point is not to be thin, it's to remind my body to process the fuel that it was designed to. Only when cutting out all the processed food, sugar, salt, gluten, and most carbs is my body working for me instead of against me.

The diet consists of gluten-free oatmeal, 1/2 cup berries, eggs (1 yolk a day), lean mean, greens, and sweet potatoes. That's it, except for raw almonds as a snack. I eat all the time (you're supposed to have the first 3 things for breakfast and then 4oz of meat, 4 oz of sweet potatoes and greens for the other 5 meals a day.) The point is to "detox" and then the only thing will I add back in are fresh and made from scratch. What I am really hoping is to have more time in the future to spend in the kitchen. *Poor kitchen*

I can't believe how bad I let it get. Let me remind you of Christmas last year (I'm mortified- I don't even remember eating that tire):

Next up: Progress.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just have to say thanks for updating the SUDOKU'S. Gosh, that man is funny! One of the many reasons I love him.

Mom
Aly sun said…
You've got to read "Restoring Your Digestive System," by Jordan Rueben. Most educational book I've ever read on how our bodies process foods. There is a diet described in the book, but I don't follow because of being pregnant. What I do find helpful are taking probiotics and digestive enzymes. I think you would really like it. I have quite a few friends here who follow it and have cured ailments and lost weight.

Also check out T-tapp workouts. The workouts are gentle yet very effective. The stretches will help you I imagine (I'm doing it w/ a bum hip while 6 months pregnant and I couldn't live without it, makes me feel great). When you are settled, try and find a good chiro, drs just prescribe stuff, chiropractors fix w/o surgery.

Keep up the good work, your body will love you so much! And you'll love your body too.

Popular Posts