Scouting Mission, Should You Choose To Accept It

This is for ladies who like to shop. It's a birthday scavenger hunt!

I'm a very picky particular person. Decisions take me a long time because I weigh a lot of options before forging ahead. Clothes take me the longest to decide on (ugh, just cover it up and makes sure it doesn't jiggle!), but home decor is a close second. When I buy something I like to forecast on how long I will like it, and if the answer isn't "until the end of time," I move on.

After scouring endless places, I found curtain rods that I liked at Ross. They had exactly the three sizes I needed. BUT! Cheapo Deapo here was afraid of the commitment (shocking, I know). I wanted to see one hung up before buying the rest.

I bought this one and installed it and then sat and looked at it for a day. When I decided that I LOVED it, it was the same day that the doc gave me medicine that "may cause drowsiness." 3 days later, I awoke: dazed, confused, and still without curtain rods. Now that I was out of hibernation, I made it back to Ross-- and they were gone. I quickly went to another Ross where there was one left in a size I needed. But the final size is nowhere in Modesto or Manteca.
Don't look at the wall mounts. I used different ones that didn't jet out so far. They look the same color in person.
Even searching the dark corners of the internet didn't help me and now I am in a bind. It's hard for me to ask for help, but I feel like I am racing against the clock with this style.

I'm asking any of my non-local friends/family to drop into a Ross and look for me. I can pay you right away, including shipping if needed. I believe the price is $24.99.




Here's the information on the charcoal gray box:

Chelsea Collections
Adjustable Drapery Rod
I need the large rod, I think it's 72"-120"
Note: I'd also take a short one if it even exists (something 24"-48") for the last window in my kitchen (might as well while you're at it)
3/4" diameter

That's all it said. No style number, no UPC-- nothing.


I appreciate the help, if any. I'll look when I can too and let you know if am successful. If you do check somewhere, can you please comment here or on facebook and let me know which stores you were at so that I can check them off my list? Together, we can, we will, overcome retail prices and show those companies that bargain hunters will win in the end :)

Speaking of particular, I decided that this B&W picture from Ikea needs to go back (or it's $42 if someone in town wants it) because I need something more modern and dark brown in color. Why am I buying a picture anyway? Am I or am I not a graphic artist?
 
There we go, that's much better. What a better way to decorate than with my pretty girl? I still have some tweaking to do, but I have a feeling that Ikea will be knocking down my door to mass produce this print annnnnnny day now.



Love to you all. I am all smiles today.
XOXO

Comments

Tawny said…
A huge THANK YOU to my Sonora and Turlock lookers (Shannon and Shawna). I'll continue the mission this weekend!

Popular Posts