Davis Place at a Frenzied Pace

March 1
Get job offer for UC Davis

March 2
Visit first place that I found on Craigslist. The owner who was a hoarder. No go.

March 3-8
Absolute blur

March 9
Went to Davis with Mom to look at 3 places on the list. Settled on a place that I thought I would never choose: a 2/1 house on an acre of property, surrounded by the other four families in the compound.

March 9 (still)
A coworker of Laura's decided to rent my condo.

March 11
Tommy's first T-ball game. Cutest thing I ever did see.

March 11-13
Last 3 days of work.

March 14
Played gun to my head, which meant I pretended that I had to pack in one day or thieves were going to come and take Sophie away. Yep, I've moved so often that I've resorted to extreme tactics. 

March 15
Last minutes logistics.

March 16
Mom helped me pack/load. Lindsay (and Leah) Carroll helped me move/unload and tried to keep me laughing to retain sanity. Sophie barked alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day.

March 17
Unpacking boxes, still searching for sanity.

March 18
Began new job.

March 19-22:
Tried my hardest to keep new job.

March 22
Brad arrived in Davis to spend his spring break with me.

March 23
Diana's baby shower in Ripon. Felt like I was cheating on my stress by having such a good time with my friends for a few blessed hours. (I can't wait to meet Jamieson!)

March 23
Brad met my family. March Madness was on in the background, pizza was on the menu, and Tommy thought he was hilarious. Perfection.

March 24
Church at Christ Community, brunch with Jason and Di, sold my kitchen table on Craigslist, drove back to Davis. 

March 25-28
Worked full time. Brad busied himself by completing tasks on my to-do list. *swoon*

March 28
Brad's parents came to Davis for a few nights from Santa Maria. Went to dinner at a dumpling restaurant (had a very cute/funny server, but I can't figure out why I didn't get a photo of his mom and dad together OR one of all of us). Decided that his folks are incredible and now I see where Brad gets it. Enjoyed being with a group that loves to laugh, talk sports, and give hugs. 

March 29
Brunch at Crepeville and dinner at Tuco's with Brad and Mr. & Mrs. Barbarick. That's about all I remember about the day because I was in a food coma the rest of the time. 

March 30
Mr. & Mrs. Barbarick left for home and Brad and I left for Modesto, where we moved all the items in my guest room to my parent's house (my roommate had moved out that morning). Hired a cleaning crew to clean the empty condo. Delivered the keys to the new tenant that evening on the way Easter bbq at Auntie and Uncles. Ate an incredible amount of food; enjoyed being with my family and Brad all at the same time. I fell asleep on the way back to Davis. 

March 31
Got Starbucks and held Easter Bible study. Brad left early for his road trip back to Portland. Pondered more things in my heart. Organized the office. Laid down on the couch and praised the Lord-- I survived March!

In pictures:









Davis house before:

Now:


Kitchen before:

Kitchen after (island and rug are TBD):

How I plan to upgrade it this summer:
 

I love Davis, I love my new job and I love life right now. I had no idea that I was this.... happy!

Comments

Popular Posts