I Have. I Do. I Will.
So when Brad asked me to be his wife, I either responded with "Yes!" or "of course!"-- I don't actually recall. There wasn't any video recording to capture the moment; no hidden photographers snapping photos from far away. It was perfect, it was just Brad and I in his living room with a fire roaring, after he took me on a 5-stop progressive meal all over Portland. I'll give you the whole story one day, but I have been cherishing every moment since we decided to be together "til death do us part."
I was afraid to hope that a man like Brad would ever want to date me, let alone marry me. That's not a self-conscious statement, I truly didn't believe that there was someone so perfect for me to choose to spend my life with. I'm humbled by so much with Brad's proposal. His love for me has done something to my heart: it has put it back together again and make it beat with life and love and happiness. Heck, I am almost an optimist! The way that he treats me has also been a reflection of the love that God has for us, and the scriptures have come to life in an entirely new way right before my eyes. God has answered a deep and persistent prayer of mine, which is to grow my world, and give me somebody to love and serve. In His perfect timing, my prayer was answered... 4 times over!

There is a lot to discuss and consider regarding our future together. It's funny because exactly 2 weeks later I am still asked "Do you have a date?" Apparently, we can't plan quickly enough! We don't have an answer on our wedding date, and we don't know any of the logistics surrounding our new life together. That being said, we are attempting to focus more on the marriage rather than the wedding, so we have decided that whatever we do, we want to make it a very small and intimate affair, hosting at least his kids and our immediate families. We'll be as inclusive as we can, but we hope that those who aren't at the wedding will be able to join us at a future date for a reception or simply a meal together. That way, we can see more family over time instead of all at once. Brad and I truly appreciate your support of our relationship and for understanding that our logistics mean that we need at least some part of this process to go as smoothly as possible. The things we can control, we will. The things we can't control-- we'll face together!
My heart is so full that it might burst. I do know this: I want to marry this man as soon as he'll let me!!!
Praise God from whom all blessings flow,
Brad & Tawny



Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.