Op'e-ra-shun 30
When I turned 25, I had a hard time of it. A quarter of my life had passed and I had nothing to show for it. Though I had attended college, I did not even have an AA degree and it seemed like I was utterly stuck. On my 25th birthday, I came up with Operation 30, where I listed specific goals to reach by the time I was 30. The five year window did not leave much time-- but I do work best on deadlines. One of the goals was to have great legs, and believe it or not, I am working on it!
As a very imaginative child, I thought that little effort had to be placed into deciding my own future, as if God would appear to me in visions and point me down the path to go. Growing older, I believed in fairy tales a little too much. So, when adulthood smacked me in the forehead at 25, my goals had everything to do with pursuing a life where I was in charge and not waiting for things to happen to me. This is not to discount seeking the Lord's will for my life, but I had assumed that the Lord wanted me married and with 3 kids by the time I turned 25. Obviously, He had other plans, and for that I thank Him constantly. None of my Operation 30 goals include "finding" a man to settle down and marry, because "finding" sounds like I am looking, and I think that is waaaaaay too much work on my part.
These goals are what's taking me on the road to Simpson University, with plans to graduate Dec 2009 (I don't turn 30 until Sept 2010 so I gave myself an extra semester as a cushion :) At that point, I will continue to make more goals and plans. This blog will be the life and times of someone in the late 20's going back to college, and the trials, pitfalls, and triumphs that are bound to happen in the 2 years I am there... including photos.
As a very imaginative child, I thought that little effort had to be placed into deciding my own future, as if God would appear to me in visions and point me down the path to go. Growing older, I believed in fairy tales a little too much. So, when adulthood smacked me in the forehead at 25, my goals had everything to do with pursuing a life where I was in charge and not waiting for things to happen to me. This is not to discount seeking the Lord's will for my life, but I had assumed that the Lord wanted me married and with 3 kids by the time I turned 25. Obviously, He had other plans, and for that I thank Him constantly. None of my Operation 30 goals include "finding" a man to settle down and marry, because "finding" sounds like I am looking, and I think that is waaaaaay too much work on my part.
These goals are what's taking me on the road to Simpson University, with plans to graduate Dec 2009 (I don't turn 30 until Sept 2010 so I gave myself an extra semester as a cushion :) At that point, I will continue to make more goals and plans. This blog will be the life and times of someone in the late 20's going back to college, and the trials, pitfalls, and triumphs that are bound to happen in the 2 years I am there... including photos.

Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.