The Ding

Thanks to a friend, I have a new nickname for Redding: "The Ding". It's so-- appropriate. I have to be quick. I am in the Simpson library and fairly sure that myspace is no-no. I don't have internet yet at the house, but its a work in progress (networks connections, passwords and routers, oh my! Photos will come soon, I promise.) I can't believe I have only been in Redding for 5 days. Its seems like a month! That will change when school starts 8 a.m. tomorrow. The house where I am staying is freaking awesome and so comfortable. On top of that, we are in the 2 mile radius of everything that uptown Redding has to offer. It looks like I might have to waitress, and Olive Garden is the busiest so I will try there later this week.

Jen and I have already been rerouted twice on our way to get things accomplished on orientation day, so feeling quite defeated, we retreated to the library. I picked up my Student ID and apparently I have a new last name: "LaBarhera".

You wouldn't believe what a friendly town it is here. People are smiling at me constantly and I want to know what their problem is. I miss Modesto where people ignore me or shove others aside for their own personal gain. This nice crap is going to get old really soon. My cynisism prceeds me and it might just take awhile to get used to.

You've all been on my mind constantly as I have had time to color code my closet, personalize binders, mend clothing, and overall have too much time to think. Mainly: "What in the world have I done???"

Comments

Aly sun said…
What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Love you!

Popular Posts